“Excellent Choice - Great Staff”

Comfort Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersBronze level
The Old Pueblo - Tucson, AZ
“Excellent Choice - Great Staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have stayed here numerous times over the last few years when visiting friends and family in Flag. Last time we were disappointed in the staff as they have always been great. This time around they were back to their great friendly service. The best thing about the hotel is the great rock fireplace in the lobby. The location can't be beat. The included breakfast is standard hotel fare...but it's included so you can't really complain. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel in quiet. We would recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view, less street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of Donald, he's just awesome! This hotel is so much better than the other Comfort Inn we stayed at last time we were in Flagg. We were checked into a rm someone had smoked in. I asked to move and for someone to bring the key since i had my nephew. The girl said she would when she could but came really quickly. The breakfast meats need to be put over a metal strainer, they sit in their own juices and look very unappealing. Muffins were giant sized and very filling. My sister raved about how cute it was to have breakfast by the fire and my 5 yr old nephew questioned why a moose was dead on the wall..that was a fun discussion :) great job, we will be back!

• Stayed December 2013
Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Usually, I stay at Hampton Inn or one of the Hilton brand hotels. I can honestly say that when you are in Flagstaff you need to stay at the Comfort Inn. The room was impeccably clean, the bed was comfortable with a plethora of pillows ranging from soft to firm, the breakfast was standard fare, and the hospitality was awesome. This hotel put some of the larger more upscale chains to shame in the area as far as price, value, and accommodations. You cannot go wrong by booking here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We spent a weekend in Flagstaff playing in the snow & riding on the train in Williams (Polar Express). We loved the hotel - family friendly, so comfortable & inviting. There's a 'great room' off of the dining service area with lots of couches, tables (for breakfast) & cozy chairs. There was a fire going in the fireplace the entire time. It was a cozy place to just relax before going out again.

The beds were above par & wonderful to fall into at the end of the day. I loved the pillows! When I mentioned that I'd like to find out where to get some of the pillows the girl at the desk mentioned that because they get so many questions about them they sell them - for $10 each! I bought 2 & they're great!

This is a place we'll be going back to in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura C
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Flagstaff Comfort Inn while traveling for Christmas. The front desk staff was very nice and made us feel welcome. The room was nicely decorated and clean (a point that seems to be a problem with many hotels priced in this range). The decor of the lobby is very "lodge-like" and the breakfast was great. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
California Bay Area
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was, frankly, prejudiced against any hotel named "Comfort Inn." It sounded very downscale. However, I spent three wonderful nights at the property and would highly recommend it. It is in a convenient location, within walking distance of stores and restaurants, and just a couple of miles from the historic downtown area.

As others have commented, what makes this place especially charming is the cozy dining area with rocking chairs and couches in front of the large fireplace. I'm not a big fan of having stuffed animal heads mounted to fireplaces - maybe a pair of antlers instead? - but others might not be bothered.

For me, the most important things are getting a good night's sleep and being in a clean facility where everything works, and Comfort Inn was top-notch in those areas.

Breakfast was very good. I would add some type of potatoes to go with the scrambled eggs, but that's a nit.

The three days I was there were during the Christmas season and the hotel was filled with young children, which made for a noisier breakfast time than I am accustomed to, but it was also charming to see the younger ones at breakfast in their pajamas - like going to a giant family reunion. But if you prefer a quieter dining experience, I suggest off-season.

As others have mentioned, the front desk staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. I do wish, however, that they had someone available to help with bags. There was snow and ice in the parking lot and having someone there would be great.

I will definitely stay at Comfort Inn on my next visit to Flagstaff!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper, and they put me in a room that was halfway between...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Footloosewomen
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed December 17, 2013

One of the nicest Comfort Inns in the country. Feels like a mountain lodge. Spacious rooms with couch, Mini fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV.

I have two complaints. Number one, you can only login on the Wi-Fi for 24 hours. Suddenly you'll be working and your Wi-Fi is gone, and you have to login again. Why can't this be set up to login provide length of stay?

I hate where the TV is. It's been screwed into a tall cabinet at the very back of the cabinet. So when you want to use the remote you'll need to lift your hand as far up as it will stretch. This is stupid. #1, why would anyone think that they want the TV to be 2 feet further away from the viewer? And #2, the system has tons of channels, but your arm will wear out before you'll be able to surf them all! Can't imagine what someone was thinking when they made this decision. As I often say, Owners/Managers should stay in their Hotel at least annually!

I had an issue here which was not taken care of. I twice reported that my TV had bad sound, the voices seem to be trilling. After reporting this the first time, when I returned I saw nothing was done and I reported it again. I was assured someone would check it. Again, nothing was done. 5 days later when I checked out, I was asked if everything was ok. I said I reported a problem with the TV and nothing was done. The front desk person said he had checked it and found no problem. Unfortunately no one decided to let me know, I guess they thought I was just an idiot. In my opinion as a full-time traveler, this was poorly handled.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo