“Absolute Gem!!!!”

Comfort Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My family and I stayed here two nights for a Polar Express trip. The accommodations are outstanding for a Comfort Inn. The location is within walking distance to restaurants, Kohls, Walmart, and more. The log cabin design is fantastic. It was very cold outside, so it was wonderful to be able to sit next to the warm fire in the lobby. The entire feel of the lobby was very comforting and inviting. Our room was very clean and spacious. The room we stayed in had two double beds, a kitchenette with fridge and microwave, and a table for four. the beds were comfortable and everything worked well for my family of 5. The breakfast was great. It included fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, ham, pastries, and more. My entire family enjoyed our stay at this location, and we will definitely stay here again when in the Flagstaff area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stay in lots of Choice Hotels nationally, and I think this might be the best Comfort Inn in the USA. I love how it feels like a Mountain Lodge with the huge rustic lobby (and loft) and the big fireplace. Large rooms with sitting areas/sofas. Big flat screen, mini fridge and micro (why don't all hotels today have these?). Excellent location near shopping and restaurants and walking distance to NAU. Friendly staff.

My only complaint was the ice machine on my floor didn't work, and during the week I stayed here it wasn't fixed. If you're going to the expense of putting in an ice machine on every floor, why wouldn't you want them to work?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed 1 night with children to visit Grand Canyon Rail / Polar Express - only 30 minute drive. Reserved room with small kitchenette - room was good with comfortable beds, there is a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Bathroom was small but clean. Lobby was one you might expect at higher end hotel - great for sipping beverages next to fire. Free breakfast is decent: eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, yougart, cereals, breads, pastries, juices, etc. Overall, stay was comfortable and quiet. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mario M
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights during a trip of the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful. The staff was very helpful in directing us how to get out of town to drive to the Canyon. If ever in the Flagstaff area again we will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Hotel was a little tricky to find but a quick call to the front desk and we were given perfect direc...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

After 12solid hours of planes, buses and automobiles, this place was perfect! Clean, good food close, shopping for those forgotten items close and comfortable beds! Best part was the amazing shower, hot, great water pressure and the old school shower massage!

Room Tip: We were in a room where you could open window a little little traffic noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in this beautiful hotel and booked a fantastic king suite using our points for a fabulous free stay! The suite was the largest I have EVER stayed in in my life! In addition to the king bed, we had a full sized sofa and a kitchenette with table/4 chairs. The breakfast in the morning was the best ever, offering everything a person could ever want for breakfast, and more. The dining area is large and inviting with a stone fireplace with a large elk mount. The night was completely silent, even though our room backed up to the front entrance. I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This will be our "go-to" hotel for trips east (in this case, Los Angeles to Oklahoma). Very short drive off I-40. Hotel is well designed so all rooms are easy to get to via the lobby (no endless hallways to trudge with your luggage). King size room was very spacious and included a pull out sofa bed, fridge, and microwave. Everything was very clean. Bed was reasonably comfortable and quite soft. Wireless internet was easy to access and very fast.

This hotel has the loveliest common areas I've seen outside of something like a National Park lodge...lots of comfy lounging furniture, post beam and stone architecture, huge fireplace. This is the seating area for breakfast, which sort of blew me away...I'm used to nasty packaged pastries and a selection of unripe fruit. This place had eggs and meat in chafing dishes, waffles, cereal (spoiled myself with a bowl of Fruit Loops! LOL), fresh pastries, bagels and bread (toasters if you like things toasted), juice and coffee - this is included in the room price. This is a very good deal!!

Just a *little* challenging to find (it is on a smaller road fronting the main road, and signage on the main road is limited). Also parking could be a concern on a busy night - it did not seem like there was much close to the hotel entrance, there might be overflow but could be a little bit of a walk. This hotel is I-40/I-17 adjacent, not near the downtown/shopping district of Flagstaff, so you do have to drive if you want to go there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family