“Exceeds expectations”

Comfort Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just spent one night at the Comfort Inn during my annual trip up north to hike among the aspens. Wasn't sure what to expect from a Comfort Inn, but thought i would give it a try for a night. What I discovered was a fairly new, very clean property with a spacious-enough room, great tv and free wireless and a good night's sleep. When I say it exceeded expectations, obviously I don't set the bar as high as I would for a Four Seasons or a Ritz. But I would definitely recommend this property to travelers headed to Flagstaff. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

stayed here 2 nights and found the hotel to be very clean, quiet (off highway) and close to downtown Flagstaff with all its attractions and rt 66 places. hot breakfast was good and varied. on-site parking.
the hotel was once an Econo lodge and so the bathrooms are a little cramped, but it has been nicely renovated. i would recommend without hesitation. happy trails

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We arrived in Flagstaff after visiting the Grand Canyon. It was after dark and we didn't have a place reserved to stay. Knowing the great service we've always had from other Comfort Inns, we pulled in and registered at first sight. Everything was as good as we had experienced in the past, and even better for the most part. It was decorated beautifully in the style of a lodge. The king bedroom we had was very roomy and included leather chair, fridge, and microwave. Breakfast was exceptional with scrambled and the round cut eggs, sausage, canadian bacon, muffins, and the regular cold breakfast foods and fruits. The price was reasonable for this location.

Room Tip: second floor rooms are probably quieter as hotel is located on a busy road
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We took the advice of Trip Advisor and booked one night here for two rooms on our trip from California to Texas. We got instructions to find the hotel when we made our reservations - and had GPS in the car - but still had trouble finding it. The hotel is in a busy area with lots of motels and in traffic, it is difficult.
But once there it was worth the effort. We were checked in promptly and found the rooms to be excellent. We had a good night's rest.
The breakfast here was not your usual Comfort Inn breakfast. It was quite good and there were many selections to please most anyone. We did not get to try the pool or hot tub due to time constraints but it looked inviting!
You can't go wrong here. I recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems you may want to stay on the lower floor. There is an elevator but why...
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Checked-in by Celia who although very busy pleasantly answered our questions. We have stayed here before a few times previously so noticed some more improvments that had been made. Still prefer the old silver grey paint job on the exterior rather then the brownish color it is now! Room fresh and clean with plenty of room to walk around. Bed very comfy but why yet again the 'mini' pillows insaid of full size ones?

Hotel was full as told by check-in clerk but plenty of space in the lodge like breakfast room. Supplies well replenished by breakfast lady and kept clean and tidy. Plenty of choices including hot items and 2 different flavoured waffles to make yourself. Dining area a nice place to sit in any time of the day.

2 supermarkets - Walmrt and Bashas - a few minutes walk away. 10% discount in Sizzler opposite for CI guests.

Another very nice stay, well recommended.

1  Thank Wonderar
Reviewed September 27, 2012

What a great stay. I took a chance and booked one night at this Comfort Inn during our road trip to the Grand Canyon, thanks to the reviews on TripAdvisor and I am glad that I did. The check in was flawless, and the room was great. This is an older hotel, but very well taken care of. The breakfast area is large and the selection in too. I would definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked one night at the Comfort Inn Flagstaff in August. The rate was fairly expensive at$150 with taxes, reading other reviews on here I can see that the price varies a lot for this place.

Let's start off by saying that the hotel looks pretty good from the outside, the pool however is right outside the main entrance in the middle of the parking lot. It's ok I guess considering this is a city after all. The lobby, waiting area and hall are among the nicest I've seen in the choice hotel brand. It's has a very country place feeling that's warm and welcoming. The staff is also friendly and efficient however the same cannot be said about the slow poke elevator.

I can safely report that the room was also fairly nice, clean and comfortable however the washrooms were really basic and nothing fancy. You sort of get the feeling the dropped the ball when the designed the place, washrooms are important.

The best argument I can think of for this place was one of the best warm breakfast buffet's I've had at a hotel in a very long time. This alone makes the stay here very good. There's a lot of selection and it's all good!

So all in all, good sleep, lots of parking, alright rooms, good looking hotel, great breakfast, kinda ugly washrooms and varying prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends