“excellent breakfast”

Wildflower Bread Company
Ranked #22 of 350 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Award-winning food you knead®. Handcrafted artisan bread, specialty bakery, soup, sandwiches, salad, pancakes and pasta. Friendly service. Free Wi-Fi. Catering available. Breakfast weekdays until 10:30am; weekends until 2pm. Pasta daily from 3pm.
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Delicious coffee, amazing stuffed French toast, pancakes, and breakfast sandwiches. Family friendly and good value. Great outdoor fireplace and seating. Will definitely eat there again!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Seven of our family went for dinner. Everyone's meal was good and no one left hungry. It was a cold evening so the warm meals were appreciated. The staff was very good and attentive to us without being intrusive .

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We ate here 2 weeks ago for the first time for breakfast. When we walked in, the lady behind the ordering counter/register ignored us. Never having been here before, we were not sure of what to do. So after looking at the menu and deciding what we would have, I said "Excuse me, we order here and......?" She then looked at us and explained, but with a sullen attitude. It felt as though we were bothering her. It would have been nice to be greeted with a smile and a friendly "HELLO!" and made to feel welcome. But I just chalked it up to maybe she was having a bad day. We ordered the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, 1 milk & 1 lemonade. She gave us the drinks and we went and chose a table. Our food was brought to our table quickly. The pancakes were very good, but I would have preferred if they were more lemony. We really enjoyed them though.
We went back last week for lunch. We got the same unfriendly, unsmiling, unhappy order taker/cashier. She is definitely lacking in customer service/social skills. We ordered our food and 2 special drinks and found a booth. Soon a young man brought 1 drink. Our food came and the young man asked if there was anything else. I said that we should have gotten 2 drinks. He asked what it was and when I told him, he said "You were supposed to get that up there!" He said it with a sarcastic tone of voice and he was laughing, like as if to say "You didn't KNOW that?" I said that the cashier certainly had not explained that to me, all she did was give me my change and the table marker and did not say another word. He said "Oh she probably forgot!" He went to get the 2nd drink and brought it back. We had ordered the Portobello Picnic Sandwich and the Wildflower Grilled Cheese. Both were very tasty! Sides were spicy corn and coleslaw. Both were delicious! Drinks were Blackberry Orange Lemonade and Georgia Peach. They were good, not great. Desserts were a Tangy Lemon Bar and Chocolate Croissant. The lemon bar tasted kind of old and was not very lemony. The choc croissant was good.
I like the atmosphere in this cafe, all the windows, the airy feeling, indoor and outdoor seating, but the employees could definitely use some training in customer service. We will go back again because there were more things on the menu that we'd like to try. If we get the surly cashier/order taker again, we probably wont ever go back, because I like feeling welcome when I eat at a restaurant.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Found the Wildflower Bread Company on my last trip to Flagstaff, so I made a beeline for a repeat visit during this stay. Not only is the food excellent, but the patio is dog friendly, an added plus since I'm ususally in the company of my Search K-9.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice selection. Reasonable prices. Excellent staff. Convenient location with good parking. Always good!