“Amazing BBQ”

Satchmo's BBQ
Ranked #5 of 350 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: A funky little joint, that cooks with love. Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Jambalaya, Gumbo, Poboys and Veggie options just to name a few! A killer selection of local and regional craft brews. We understand it may not taste just like your Grandma's Gumbo or just like Pop's BBQ. But what we do understand is cook'n with love, just like Grandma and Pop's did. Good for your soul food!
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We just visited the restaurant for the first time and the food is the best I have eaten. We ordered the lil mo platter and all the food was so tender it was hard to choose what to eat. The ribs were so tender they fell of the bone. Highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Now on to the staff and service, they all were energetic, friendly and so helpful. You all deserve a five star rating.

Go to Satchmos and experience BBQ at its best!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We found this place on our way out of Flagstaff and are very glad we did. Sort of a little "hole in the wall" place but don't let that detour you. Friendly employees and delicious food. If I was a local I would eat here all the time!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We visited here because the reviews were great. We ordered a take-out for two pounds of brisket. After waiting close to 30 minutes for our order, we found the "2-punds" to be very light, even with the sauces in the bag. The brisket per pound was 18 dollars. I do not mind the price. I do mind that they were adamant they had given me two pounds when in fact they have only given me slightly less than one pound of meat.

We called them back to give them chance to correct their mistake, but they said they were sure they gave us 2 pounds. Lesson: if it feels like a very light two pounds, then have them weight it in font of you.

Yes, the painting on the wall is great, but they cheated on the scale OR they have a broken scale.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Excellent BBQ and well deserved after hiking out of Grand Canyon. Loved the pulled pork sandwich and tots! Delicious, fast, affordable, and very friends staff. It's also quaint and somewhat hidden- seems to be a true locals lunch and dinner joint.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great local place for lunch or dinner. Fast, friendly service. To go available too. I LOVE their catfish and sweet potato fries.

1  Thank Lori S