“Don't leave Flagstaff without eating here”
Review of Satchmo's BBQ

Satchmo's BBQ
Ranked #7 of 351 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: A funky little joint, that cooks with love. Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Jambalaya, Gumbo, Poboys and Veggie options just to name a few! A killer selection of local and regional craft brews. We understand it may not taste just like your Grandma's Gumbo or just like Pop's BBQ. But what we do understand is cook'n with love, just like Grandma and Pop's did. Good for your soul food!
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. My family and I eat BBQ 2-3 times a month and this is by far the best. The shrimp po-boy was amazing. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Anna G

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fantastic little place. The ribs very delicious and salad tasty. You'll get great food served by people who are passionate about their food. Thanks for the bbq tips Jamie!

1  Thank Wallysaway
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Cajun food with a nice twist. Red beans n rice were quite spicy and the po boys were excellent. The sweet potato fries were very good. Beer was interesting. Didn't care too much for the bread pudding because It tasted like fried French toast and had too much orange taste. I like my bread pudding soft and creamy. Although it lacked curb appeal it was very homey and inviting inside. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Adriana250
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I cant say I have eaten at all the BBQ restaurants in US, but I can stay of the many I have visited in and around the west coast of US, and having thought others were good once, Satchmo's BBQ has topped all of them and is now ranked #1 in my book.
The meat was succulent, tender and juicy all the way to the last bite.
It's abit hard to find, being located off the main road, behind a servo. But, it's well worth the efforts to seek this place out and be rewarded.....
I shall return....this summer....yum....

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant takes cajun food and puts a different spin on it. It has great BBQ and cajun cooking. The food was great with delicious smoked meats, red beans and rice, jambalaya, and BBQ sauces! The chef Jamie came out to our table to check on us and also gave us great information about the place. Staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are in the area, you must stop by!

Been to Satchmo's BBQ? Share your experiences!