“Amazing food tucked just out of sight!”
Review of Satchmo's BBQ

Satchmo's BBQ
Ranked #3 of 349 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: A funky little joint, that cooks with love. Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork, Jambalaya, Gumbo, Poboys and Veggie options just to name a few! A killer selection of local and regional craft brews. We understand it may not taste just like your Grandma's Gumbo or just like Pop's BBQ. But what we do understand is cook'n with love, just like Grandma and Pop's did. Good for your soul food!
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Amazing food tucked just out of sight!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I'm not a huge meat-eater, but the beef brisket sandwich from Satchmo's makes my list of favorite dishes in Flagstaff. Don't let the hidden location of Satchmo's fool you, this is food worth finding! If you're lucky you'll stop by on an evening when there's a live band. With both indoor and outdoor seating, a great selection of beer and some wine available this makes for a fun, casual, delicious evening out at a fair price.

Visited September 2012

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great little local spot”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Would never have found Satchmo's but a local steered us to it. Definite hole in the wall in a strip mall, but great cajun and bbq. They have a limited menu of both. My gumbo was very good, bit the Jambalaya was a little tame for us, but that is a personal taste. We split a big order of sweet potato frys, which were excellent. They do have an outside patio, but we stayed inside. They only play Louie Armstrong music, which is a nice touch. Prices were very reasonable and we were able to get out for under 25, and that was with 1 adult beverage!

• Visited September 2012
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“locally owned bbq”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

It looked a little sketchy from the outside, but felt like home inside Po`boy with catfish yummy. Ribs that fall off the bone delicious. Ignore the outside and get in for some great food

Visited September 2012
Sedona, Az
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice new surprise”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My friend & I were in Flagstaff on Monday..We like to pick out of the way places & try new to us eateries. I had heard about a few places,but could not remember the names so went to trip advisor Sunday night..I had picked some interesting places& higher rated eateries & we discussed my choices..we liked the sound of Satchmo's...& the fact it was B-B-Cue. Yes, it is a little hard to find(use Gps--that helps), but we did find this little cozy eatery..& were waiting for them to open at 11a.m. We were met by a nice & friendly owner (Jamie) who answered all of our questions (I always have several so I know what to expect)lol.The brisket was so good, as side dishes-we chose the smoky beans--also excellent--I chose the potato salad & my friend chose the coleslaw-also excellent- & she had a catfish poor boy..Jamie also gave me a sample of Burnt Ends(sooo yummy) My friend sampled the draft beers & chose a dark beer. The eatery is very clean, decorated with cute jazz posters. What is important to us is the great food, clean eatery, & nice & knowledgable people..All of that was here...we will be back & we have already passed on super comments! In fact, next time we are in Flag...we want to stop by.Thanks again--Jamie.

• Visited August 2012
Kingman, Arizona
“Hole in the wall with good food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Is located in an old run down looking strip mall. Not a particularly large seating area indoors. But they do have a patio with tables and umbrellas. You place your order at the counter and then have a seat and they bring your food to you. We got there early when they opened and within 15 minutes a line was forming at the counter. The menu offers BBQ and Cajun selections. They also have 5 or 6 nice beers on tap.We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the aroma of the smokers. My wife and I split gumbo, jambalya, smoked beans, a Pork Bar BBQ sandwich and sweet potato fries. The gumbo was spicey, the jambalya was mild but very tasty. Loved the beans. They had a wonderful smoky flavor with a little kick. Lots of pork on the sandwich and it had a nice flavor although it was a little dry. I was not a big fan of their BBQ sauces. Staff came by our table several times to see if everything was okay. Definitely a do again. .

• Visited August 2012

Been to Satchmo's BBQ? Share your experiences!