“Rude staff and manager!!”

Lumberyard Brewing Company
Ranked #14 of 339 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The owners of Lumberyard Brewing Company rehabilitated the last standing building from Flagstaff's lumber era to create a community hub for Flagstaff locals as well as it's visitors. Lumberyard strives to give great service with quality food and award winning ales and lagers. Come visit and view the production brewery from the dining room, take in the views of downtown and the San Francisco Peaks from our Beer Garden, and make sure to take a 6 pack of our award winning cans home with you!
“Rude staff and manager!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This place has the rudest staff! We ordered a liter of sangria and it was almost all ice! When we brought it to the server's attention, she was very snotty and said "well that's how it's made!" We ordered the Sonoran dogs which were mediocre. We asked for the manager to bring to his attention how rude his waitress was and he had the same attitude! Horrible customer service all the way around!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Amazing food. Good beer. Decent Price.”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I loved my meal at the Lumberyard. I had a Sonoran Dog---which was an interesting menu item---and homemade mac and cheese. I also had a Lumberyard porter and banana pudding.

The food was well prepared. The portions were huge. The cost was $20.

I'm never totally happy about paying $20 for one meal, but this was worth it. I'd order it again anytime---and happily return to the Lumberyard with my family.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank wferriter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat and drink!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I recently went to the Lumberyard and was pleasantly surprised by the food and great service we received. The beer was awesome and my favorite was the hefeweizen. The Irish eggrolls were a great appetizer and the burgers are to die for. I would put this brewery a must for anyone traveling through flagstaff.

1 Thank zomodoz
Flagstaff, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I cannot understand why the beer is worse that Beaver Street”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I want to preface this with the disclaimer that I've never eaten the food here except for appetizers during evening events.
That being said, I've been here on several different occasions, with several different groups of friends and haven't received very good service. The waiters have ignored us, and made us wait longer than one would expect when your paying the bill.

If you sit in the main dining room be prepared, it can easily get loud.

The thing that gets me the most, and this is shared by my friends, is that we cannot understand what they're doing to the beer differently than their sister brewery, Beaver Street. No matter how much, or how little we drink all of us feel like crap the next day. We're all continually dumbfounded by this and no longer frequent the Lumberyard; what good is it going to a brew pub if the beer doesn't taste good.

I'm not a beer snob but I'd rather grab a six pack for $9 from the grocery than buy Lumberyards beer.

• Visited June 2011
Sarasota, Florida
“Quite GOOD!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Good food, prices and service. Good view too. Just in fron of Flagstaff train station. Reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2011