“Exactly what its supposed to be.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Western Hills Motel
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Exactly what its supposed to be.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here overnight June 28, 2012. If you are staying in a vintage motel, you shouldnt expect 5 star accomodations. This is a old motor inn. The rates are reasonable, if not lower than I expected, when I randomly pulled in, without reservations. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. There was free wifi. Our room, although small, was comfortable, and the bathroom was newly upgraded. I enjoy staying in these classic old motels. I don't go in with unrealistic expectations. It was a clean room, a comfortable bed, and we had a quiet and safe night. We were able to park our car right outside our room door, and that seems to be the case with all the rooms. I will probably be back, and I will be traveling that route alot, in the future. I enjoy staying in these older motels, because most of the time they are locally owned, small businesses and I can do without some of the "extras" that more modern hotels provide. A nice alternative stay in Flagstaff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank weathersmetcalf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2012

As my husband and I stayed in quite a few Route 66 hotels on our recent road trip. Western Hills was our least favorite, but it was still not bad! The room was clean and the staff friendly. The walls were super thin, though, and the person next door had their TV on all night.... Not a bad place to stay overall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank colette424
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had a great stay. Affordable and feels comfortable. Small rooms but clean and I must say the staff was wonderful. Definelty would stay here again.. Great deal for our road trip.. The sign is awesome! Love the western feel.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Acia1109
Kent
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here during our Route 66 trip across the US in October 2011. Not having booked anywhere to stay on this particular night we drove into Flagstaff and decided to stay here based on its large neon sign. It was good value for money and the night manager was really helpful, running around trying to find an extension cable so that The Wife could use her hairdryer the next morning.

The room was really clean, the bed was comfortable and it had a good shower in it. The free wifi meant we were able to plan our next day without any hassle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple