Travelodge by Wyndham Flagstaff Near I-40
Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$166
$149
Hampton.com
$165
Doubletree.com
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$130
$110
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$171
$158
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$173
$144
Highland Country Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$88
Little America Hotel Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$179
$119
La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$139
Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$114
$102
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

All reviewsoatmeal packetslooked fairly newheater worked greatbudget hotelcomfortable bedsmini muffinscontinental breakfastnice roomtrain noisewould stay here againcoffee makerthe breakfast areamicrowaverailwaypagesnownau
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This motel had potential, nice room, good location on old 66 in E Flagstaff, but as soon as it was time to go to sleep (9:30-10:00 PM) very bright lights came on next to all the room doors. (The sun had set hours earlier so this timing was confusing.) I went outside to investigate the problem, expecting many emergency vehicles since it was that bright out - you could read a newspaper with no problem. To find nothing nut these barn lights next to every door. They went out at sunrise but this was too late to get any meaningful sleep. The light flooded the room! The next morning I inquired about the reason for the barn lights and was told it was too dark without them. (???!)
I will not be going back there and I don't recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights as we were visiting Grand Canyon, Sedona and Antelope Canyon and overall it was an average experience. The rooms were just basic and the taps were slightly cranky and old. The cold breakfast was not great, but it will give you something to start your day. There is good parking space in the hotel and it was close to all highways.

If you are looking for an cheap place to stay in flagstaff and you have exhausted other good options. Take this, its very basic and use it only for sleep and shower; you will be fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2013

4 dots for the price we paid ($48/night in late October)
3 dots if you end up needing to pay more

My family stayed here overnight en route from the Grand Canyon to Sedona. I chose it because it's about 60-90 minutes to each site, had a price I couldn't refuse ($48/night), free breakfast and who doesn't want to say they took a short trip on historic Route 66?

For a basic hotel room, I appreciated the clean rooms, newer microwave and fridge (!), and flat screen television. If I had reason to stay in Flagstaff for a couple of days, I would make use of the fridge, television, and Safeway next door. It looked as though the hotel had recently undergone some type of renovation, but the renovation didn't stretch to every corner of the room. For example, the bathroom tiles looked brand new and modern, but our skimpy shower curtain had several holes an slashes in the top third of the curtain! It looked terribly and was inconvenient, but an inconsistent renovation is not a dealbreaker for me.

The staff was helpful. We arrived in the evening around 7PM and the check-in process was fairly straightforward. The following day after we checked out, I had to call the front desk because we thought we forgot our camera in one of the rooms. It turned out that wasn't the case, but I really appreciated the courtesy of the attendant who took my call and returned my call promptly after checking the room. So thank you for that.

As for the qualms:
*The breakfast was basic but disappointing to me because I personally prefer a bit more than bread products for breakfast. I skimmed several reviews and could not find anyone who gave detailed information on the contents of breakfast, so I feel I must do that now. Breakfast included mini blueberry muffins (that were not in cellophane packaging and tasted pretty good), white bread, coffee, tea, and individual oatmeal packets. I believe there was cereal as well. The "hot" food included home fries (fried, seasoned, cubed potatoes) and scrambled eggs. I appreciated the effort on the hot food, but both were rather dry. The eggs especially had an odd, cakey texture and an aftertaste, which was sad for me.
*We stayed in a non-smoking room that smelled like smoke. I'm guessing this is because Arizona doesn't have smoking ban?
*As I mentioned, the inconsistent renovation (e.g. holey shower curtain) was very conspicuous. Also the curtains at our front window were very flimsy and didn't make us feel very safe because we stayed on the first floor and you could sense people going back and forth right past our front door.
*There's a moderate amount of noise at night, due to the set-up of the hotel. This can't be helped, but you may want to be aware the doors to each room open directly to the parking lot. There's the noise/distraction of other guests moving around outside and some street noise (to be expected). Others noted the train noise, but I did not notice this at night.

I know I'm nitpicking now, just in case it helps to know what to expect. All in all, the rooms were clean, breakfast was there, staff was helpful and the price was right, hence the 4 dot rating. Honestly though, if I would have paid more I might ratchet it down to a 3 dot rating. So it's solidly ok, but even better if you an get a good price.

Room Tip: If you don't want to drag your luggage up the stairs, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family