“If you just need a hot shower and a bed to sleep in”

Travelodge Flagstaff East
Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“If you just need a hot shower and a bed to sleep in”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Outside of the hotel is worse than the inside. I don't think the hotel has any improvements at all since it was built sometime in 1970. It was very quiet, the bed was comfortable but old. We were in a nonsmoking room but the bedspread and pillows smelled like smoke. Air conditioner worked well. I check for bugs throughly and found none. Front desk staff was very friendly. We were escaping the heat of Phoenix at the last moment and everything was book. This motel was $80 a night. It was worth about $35. So good features would be - microwave, mini fridge, quiet, comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. Don't pay more than $40 for a room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 10, 2012

whatever you do, don't stay here!! The worse customer service I have ever experienced!! A friend of mine passed away, and I simply needed to change my reservation to another night, nope he said, can't do it, don't care why you can't get here, not going to cancel it for you, I told him I am NOT canceling it, I am changing it so I can go to a funeral of a friend, nope don't care, not going to do it for you. wow, talk about lack of customer friendly care. I will never, stay here and I will tell all who listen to never stay here either!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you've read any of my other reviews, you know I am picky. This would not have been my fist choice. However, they had availability at the last minute and accepted pets. Unfortunately, there really isn't anywhere to walk them. Overall, it was not unpleasant. A decent bed, hot shower, and cool A/C.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean. It had microwave, fridge, cable, hair dryer and very comfortable beds. The breakfast was okay, good enough for what we paid. The staff was very friendly. Would sure stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Williams, Arizona
Reviewed May 29, 2012

they charged me $112.00 per night over memorial weekend. The bedspreads were dirty, the phone didn't work, the TV signal kept freezing, the internet kept shutting down. The place was old and dirty.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank michaelfv
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here the night of January 17th, 2012. Rolled into town about 7 PM. Looked at four places. There are probably a dozen on that stretch of road. This Knight's Inn gave us the best rate ($45 cash taxes included which was a lot lower than the other operations). Room (#123)was very clean. Cable TV, frig, microwave, very hot shower/ tub, WI-FI. The owners were very pleasant to deal with. The only issue was that the heating system was not adjustable (problem with setting switch) so you could either run it very warm or not at all. It was a very cold night so we didn't mind a bit. Bed was comfortable and the place was quiet.

We would definitely come back. I do not know if the room rate would have been higher if we had used a credit card. Paying in cash seems to make motel operators a bit more flexible than they normally are.

Room Tip: I've read other reviews on this motel complaining about mold issues. I can only tell you that r...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michael R
Rochester, MN
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Aging hotel that needs much updating. The floor in the bathroom was slanting. After taking a shower, I could understand why. The shower has has a shower head with pressure that most car washes would be envious of! Upon taking a shower, the mold-covered shower curtain could not contain the force of the water bouncing of of you and would spray over the top of the curtain, causing a 'rain forest' effect. By the finish of the shower, the ceiling was dripping water, the toilet roll was soaked and the floor had puddles of water!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dadecat
Travelers also viewed these Flagstaff hotels
Rodeway Inn Flagstaff
#13 of 65 in Flagstaff
Travelodge Flagstaff
Travelodge Flagstaff
#24 of 65 in Flagstaff

Been to Travelodge Flagstaff East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Flagstaff East

Property: Travelodge Flagstaff East
Address: 2918 E Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86004-3942 (Formerly Travelodge Flagstaff East)
Location: United States > Arizona > Flagstaff
Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Flagstaff East 2*
Our pet-friendly Travelodge Flagstaff Near I-40 hotel has everything you need for a comfortable, enjoyable stay near Grand Canyon National Park. Ideally located on Historic Route 66, just off Highway 89 and I-40, our hotel near Northern Arizona University offers friendly service and a host of handy amenities so you can enjoy your adventures in scenic Flagstaff.

Wake up each morning to our free Bear Bites continental breakfast, and email photos home using free Wi-Fi Internet access.  All of our guest rooms include a microwave and refrigerator for added comfort, and take advantage of ample free parking. Non-smoking rooms are also available at our hotel in Flagstaff, AZ.

You will find all kinds of things to do close by our Flagstaff hotel. Spend a day exploring historic Route 66. Ride aboard the Grand Canyon Railway, or explore Lake Powell in the Arizona desert near our Flagstaff, AZ, hotel. Take a stroll through Downtown Flagstaff and explore boutiques, historic buildings, the Old Town Shops, the Flagstaff Mall, great restaurants and more. Enjoy an evening at Lowell Observatory, or you will find hiking, fishing, golf and more nearby.

There are several eateries close by. Feast on Italian favorites at Mamma Luisa Italian Restaurant, or if you are craving Chinese fare, head to Golden Dragon. Satchmo’s serves up authentic BBQ, and if spicy Mexican food is in the plans, La Fonda Mexican Restaurant is just minutes away. Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday’s and Quizno’s are also close by. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Flagstaff East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.