“As good as it gets”

Ranked #36 of 348 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Pita Jungle "The Art of Eating Healthy"(R) is one of Arizona's most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Phoenix, Arizona
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Pj in Flag is better than the ones in Chandler and Ahwatukee (better quality food and friendlier service).

Visited January 2013

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Not too great”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had read all the good reviews of this place, so I just had to try it. Well it appears that everybody else's food tasted better than mine. My son and I went for lunch and they were busy, but our waitress was friendly and efficient. My son ordered a hot pita, the "One Thousand Beans", which is an open Greek pita topped with brown rice, mixed beans, tomatoes and onions. I ordered a pita wrap, the "Veggie Garden", which has beans, brown rice, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, squash, carrots, onions, tomatoes, ginger, herbs and garlic. Sounds good right? WRONG! It had no flavor what-so-ever. Neither of us liked our food at all, and we could barely get down half. It's not that there was anything particularly wrong with the food, other than it was just tasteless. I dont mean that it was not very flavorful. I mean that it had absolutely no taste. The beans tasted like they were straight from a can. Hummus spread on the pita bread would've made a big difference I think. I guess it's possible that we ordered the 2 most boring and bland items on the menu. There are more items on the menu that we would like to try, but this experience has made us really gun-shy about going back. I mean, who wants to go and spend money to eat more tasteless food? Now, on a happier note, the lemonade is strong and delicious! We also got an order of Baklava to share. This was possibly the best baklava I have ever eaten! Just delicious!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“sooo tasty”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

walking distance from home, delicious food! and large portions for cheap! went there for the first time when we moved in to our new apartment and absolutely loved it! a must return.

Visited September 2012
Colorado
“Coconut Curry Soup - To Go”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was traveling on I-40 and needed to stop and eat in Flagstaff. I pulled out my handy Iphone Tripadvisor app and saw Pita Jungle. The location is not an 'easy on-easy off' location but is certainly worth it.

I got the "to-go" option and ordered the Shwarma (sp?), pita chips and coconut curry soup to go. Upon leaving, I traveled down the road a bit and then tried the soup. It was AMAZING! I stopped and debated going back to get the bowl quantity instead of the cup quantity I had ordered. I savored the soup and then dug into the Shwarma. It too had great flavor and was quite filling. I was well out of Flagstaff by the time I tried the pita chips. The pita chips had the perfect texture, with a great flavor as well. I spent $13.00 on all three items.

I'm glad I didn't go for the local fast food and went to the Pita Jungle again. I think I've found my new favorite TO-GO place in Flagstaff.

White mtns,az
“Yummers!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I tried the sample platter with falafel, babaganoush and hummus and was pleasantly surprised! The falafel was some of the best that I've ever eaten! I also think it's a good value as well, because the platter was more than enough for two!