“Fabulous latin cuisine!”

Criollo Latin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Criollo Latin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 356 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We've dined at Criollo three times and each time, the food was outstanding, the service perfect, and ambience very nice. It's a wonderful place for my gluten-free diet and we love the innovative menu items. Will return again and again!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stopped here when driving through Flagstaff. They had a butternut squash margarita that was really good and I loved the guacamole and fish tacos. Friendly staff, and a cute outdoor patio added to the experience.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by the young woman at the front desk of the Weatherford Hotel. Of course, she initially spoke highly of the restaurant in their hotel - but, we said we wanted to explore the town and find something a little more "festive". She suggested Criollo Latin Kitchen and also shared with us the great Happy Hour deals. We were sold. We walked a few blocks and before heading in noticed the cool store next door featuring art/designs/jewelry by local "upscale" artists. We stopped in a shopped and bought a few gifts for others and purchased a bracelet for me (I promise this is relative to the review.) We finally made our way next door to Criollo and were immediately enchanted with the funky, warm and inviting design/feel. We waited at the bar and our bartender was very helpful and friendly. He even honored Happy Hour for both drinks and tapas even though it was a close call. We ordered "plantains" ($3), red wine ($4) and margarita ($4) - Happy Hour prices. Shortly after we were moved to a prime table for 2 right inside the front window. Service and food was exceptional throughout dinner. I had the Fire Roasted Jalapeño & Bacon Nachos ($9) and my husband had fish tacos ($13). Both were exceptional - very fresh and unique taste. Neither of us finished our entire meal - but, we did save room for dessert. Crème Brule with a twist. To die for.

Vibe: upbeat, festive, modern

Food quality: exceptional - organic, locally grown, fresh. We love "spicy" - this hit the spot

Service: attentive, fun without being intrusive, top notch professionals. Employees seemed "happy" - mood was upbeat

Price: for the quality - unbelievable. I want one of these restaurants in Texas.

We did have one hiccup. The tab before at our table was not closed out and we ended up with both their charges and our charges on our ticket. We didn't realize this until after they had processed our credit card (our bad!) Our server quickly fixed it for us and apologized profusely. A manager even came over and provided his name/information and apologized again. No biggie - we were not at all upset.

Bracelet story: We left - went back to our hotel and were having another drink in front of the fireplace at the wonderful Zane Grey bar and I realized my brand new bracelet was missing! I quickly walked back to Criollo and the waiter had it! I could not believe it. He was going to try and find us from our names on the charge slip. YEAH!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I went there after reading all the rave reviews on trip advisor. I showed up and got a seat right away which was a plus, but the experience went down hill from there. (I should have left when I noticed I was surrounded by hipsters and old wannabe hipsters.) I ordered the salmon blue corn tamales, which had a very very fishy smell to them. And they didn't taste that great. The waitress came by and asked if I liked the tamales and I told her no and that she could take it away. She asked why didn't I like them and i pointed out the string fish odor. When we got our entrees the carne asada tacos they were actually good but I ate all 3 and still felt hungry. The desserts we ordered were the churros and chocolate, and the banana bread pudding. The bread pudding was weird because they put not quite ripe yet raisins in it. So to sum it up if you want to be surrounded by hipsters with mediocre food this is the place for you. I might have been able to get past the food and enjoy the place if not surrounded by hipsters

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went with a reserved party of 15 or so. Some people were finished with their meals before other's meals arrived. The pork belly (seasonal menu) was overcooked, dry and stringy. Staff had trouble keeping up with replenishing beverages. Ambiance is ok. Locally sourced products are fine, but taste and appropriate cooking more so. All Flagstaff is expensive, so this is no different price wise than most other downtown restaurants. I

Been to Criollo Latin Kitchen? Share your experiences!