“Ok food”

Criollo Latin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Criollo Latin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 361 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I went there after reading all the rave reviews on trip advisor. I showed up and got a seat right away which was a plus, but the experience went down hill from there. (I should have left when I noticed I was surrounded by hipsters and old wannabe hipsters.) I ordered the salmon blue corn tamales, which had a very very fishy smell to them. And they didn't taste that great. The waitress came by and asked if I liked the tamales and I told her no and that she could take it away. She asked why didn't I like them and i pointed out the string fish odor. When we got our entrees the carne asada tacos they were actually good but I ate all 3 and still felt hungry. The desserts we ordered were the churros and chocolate, and the banana bread pudding. The bread pudding was weird because they put not quite ripe yet raisins in it. So to sum it up if you want to be surrounded by hipsters with mediocre food this is the place for you. I might have been able to get past the food and enjoy the place if not surrounded by hipsters

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went with a reserved party of 15 or so. Some people were finished with their meals before other's meals arrived. The pork belly (seasonal menu) was overcooked, dry and stringy. Staff had trouble keeping up with replenishing beverages. Ambiance is ok. Locally sourced products are fine, but taste and appropriate cooking more so. All Flagstaff is expensive, so this is no different price wise than most other downtown restaurants. I

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in during the Afternoon. Great atmosphere and lovely space. Wish the art on the walls was more vibrant or larger. Photographs weren't bad. Just got lost in the red.
Food was great. I tried the Latin Cobb salad, one of a few gluten free options for us allergy folk. Server and bartender were pleasant and nice. Hot tea a bit pricy but a high quality tea so it was worth it. Nice place to try. I'd come again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a clam chowder with bacon which was nice and the paella was excellent. The meal sizes are more like in Australia, that is not too big but just right. Service prompt and atmosphere ok.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Somebody on a local shop recommend this restaurant as organic and support local farmers. Food was crazy delicious! They did not have the bbq chicken tacos, special of the day when I already order, however they serve me one, what a nice gesture. we order fish tacos, ropa vieja, quesadilla and tortilla soup, all the food was delicious, fresh and organic.

Been to Criollo Latin Kitchen? Share your experiences!