“Locally grown and sustainably raised food - YES!”

Criollo Latin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Criollo Latin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 362 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was in Flagstaff for the night before heading to business appointments around the Navajo Nation. They had me at their description of "locally grown and sustainably raised foods." Great ambiance, excellent service, and very tasty menu. I eat Paleo so was pleased with their suggestion of putting the salmon on a salad, though I got the feeling they would have accommodated any request.The salmon was cooked perfectly and the dressing was exceptional. I got the grass-fed bison meatloaf and a double order of sauteed chard to go for breakfast the next morning. I would definitely go back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for lunch just on pure chance, thoroughly glad we did so. Very cool interior, attentive and friendly staff. Food was delicious, organic produce, don't normally go out of our way for that, but if that's important to you this place is awesome. Pork Tacos were phenomenal, closest to pork crackling we've tasted since being in the US.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was just in Flagstaff over the weekend and wanted to celebrate my sister's birthday somewhere nice. This restaurant turned out to be a BIG disappointment. Granted, it was late when we arrived. But the waiter/host said it wouldn't be a problem. We were starving and VERY hopeful. We ordered the tamales, vieja ropa, paella, the soup of the day, fish tacos and some carnitas tacos. The ONLY thing worth anything were the tamales. They were really good. Everything else, REALLY mediocre. The fish tacos tasted BAD. The paella had only three pieces of fish and the rice wasn't cooked properly. The Ropa Vieja tasted as if it was made with barbeque sauce. etc. etc. The waiter knew we were unhappy, YET did nothing to make it better. We sent the fish tacos back immediately. As for the paella, ropa vieja and others, we just left them unfinished. We were charged for everything! I will NEVER go back. And I told my friends that work at the bar around the corner to NEVER refer anyone over there in the future. Stay away! It was a total rip off. And I would NOT suggest it to anyone.

Brad K, Web Consultant at Criollo Latin Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

We apologize that you had this experience with us as this is not typical of the service and food we provide. All the dishes that we serve should be delicious and if there is ever a dislike of a dish we try to do everything we can to satisfy our guests. The server should have made the manager aware that you were unhappy with your meals. We would have found a solution that was satisfactory to your party. We are sorry that your dissatisfaction was not communicated and a positive outcome was not given. Please feel free to call and ask speak to the General Manager as we would appreciate the opportunity to make this right with you.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place fits anytime with good eats. Bluecorn pancakes for breakfast, Sliders for lunch, happy hour prices for yummy sliders, fish tacos etc. Dinners are extra-good, You're eating in an art gallery, great works are on the walls and on your plate.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My most recent visit was a business lunch with a friend. At lunch I like the pork belly tacos and the salmon tostada. I have liked everything I have tried at brunch. Was also a nice date night with my wife last fall. Cocktails are good. Can be a bit pricey but I have thought it was worth it. Service can be very good or tough to catch a server.

Been to Criollo Latin Kitchen? Share your experiences!