“Lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

We split the very large club sandwich with avocado added. Very good coffee too. The place is a little hard to find and has limited parking and a few outdoor tables.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

We split their Turkey sandwich which was plenty for 2 people. We went at an off time but service was attentive and very helpful. Fish tacos were California style. The place is not on 66 but back behind some buildings with very little parking. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Cathy and I stopped by for lunch on our way to the Grand Canyon. Cathy had the fish tacos and it was good. I had the Portabella sandwich and it was the best I’ve ever had ever. Don’t get swayed by the exterior. A little plain! This place is great.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

This restaurant is tucked back in a hidden spot behind the car dealership. It has a nice outdoor seating area. We enjoyed the homemade lemonade a lot!

The menu has a wide selection and many items sounded yummy. As we waited for our sandwiches, we admired the big, fresh salad greens that everyone else was enjoying. They definitely serve up lots of greens which is nice. However, I didn't quite understand why my salad greens, which we so light and fresh, were mixed with shredded smoked gouda - too heavy and not necessary for this fresh salad.

The sandwiches were good and definitely were large portions which you pay for in cost. I think they could reduce the size to something more balanced and it would fare better for everyone. I ordered curried egg salad which was served open face - there was so much egg salad I could barely find my toast underneath.

The flavors are all there, it's just the execution and portion size that I think could be adjusted just a little. And my husband thought after all the time and attention that was clearly put into the food, they should serve something more interesting than a side of Doritos, Lays or blue corn chips!

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

I’m sometimes reluctant to review a restaurant after eating there only once. Not this time.

Located in a renovated 1948 ice house, Cafe Daily Fare offers delicious food in a laid-back, friendly atmosphere. Our order was taken by the Nancy, cafe’s owner, who, upon my requesting gluten-free bread, asked whether that was a choice or necessity. When I said that I have celiac disease, she assured me that my options weren’t limited to bread choice, and that much of the menu can be adapted for my dietary needs. (Gold stars for that.) I ordered the grilled portabella sandwich; my husband ordered the fish tacos. Mine was, quite simply, the best portabella sandwich I have ever had, and so large I ate it with a knife and fork. What set it apart from others I’ve had were carmelized onion (rather than raw) and poblano peppers. The onion gave it a nice smoky taste, and the poblanos added a hint of heat. I was given a choice of chips: Doritos, Lay’s, or blue corn—a nice, uncommon detail for a cafe with wait staff rather than counter service. The fish tacos had red snapper, rather than the tilapia that seems to be the go-to ingredient. They were also huge: my husband initially planned to take one to go, but they were so tasty he finished them there.

Cafe Daily Fare gets extra gold stars for using many locally-sourced ingredients (the website lists their favorite farms), making their salad dressings in-house, and supporting local non-profits.

Date of visit: April 2018