“Not a student hang-out!”

Taverna Greek Grill
Ranked #33 of 349 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
San Diego
“Not a student hang-out!”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Happy Hour was very busy -- lots of energy, but surprisingly no students -- a surprise because this is so close to NAU. Food was good and reasonably priced. This is a more grown-up place to eat than most of the Flagstaff eateries.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Carrie J

Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Excellent food, service, and price with large portions! If I lived in Flagstaff I would definitely be a regular!

Visited August 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Where is the meat?”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Awesome ambiance, food was tasty but the portions were a joke. I eat a lot of Greek food and while tasty the portions were tiny. Gyro's which are normally a pita stuffed with meat presented as a few pieces of thinly shaved meat and a half pita. I ordered an appy after the main course and had my friends bread. Others at our meal felt the same. There were 17 of us and someone asked for another tea bag after the bills had been settled and we were informed someone would have to "pay for that". My experience at most Greek establishments is "wow how am gonna finish all this food?"...this was not a problem at this place.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Rdrambuie
Yuma, Arizona
“Nice find, make the effort, find it too!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Passing through Flagstaff and my family and I came across this gem after a visit to the Grand Canyon. Located next to many hotels and a large university, its staffed mostly with a younger set that works perfectly for the area, and the place had a positive energy. I can't recall my server's name and on my receipt, I see only "Code Red" , but anyhow, he tried hard to please and it showed, and I appreciated his enthusiasm for the job, made our meal more pleasant. The food was good, on par with what we expected, and while it wasn't the absolute best in the genre, it was good and the atmosphere made it enjoyable and at the end of a long day, I found myself saying, this was a very enjoyable dinner, well worth the effort of finding for a good dinner experience.

• Visited August 2014
Bellevue, Washington
“Great Service for a "nut free" kid”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We visited with a tour group of 20 that included our 12 yo grandson with a nut allergy. The manager came by and assured him that the kitchen was aware of allergy questions and that his pizza would be free of contamination. He had a great, relaxed meal thanks to the time taken by the manager.
I'm not a Greek food expert but we enjoyed our Gyros and I didn't hear any complaints about other dishes from the gang at the table. Overall a good experience.
It was a bit noisy but, then, our group contributed to the din.

• Visited July 2014