“Amazing breakfast in a beautiful and fun environment”

MartAnne's Burrito Palace
Ranked #6 of 347 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Phoenix, AZ
“Amazing breakfast in a beautiful and fun environment”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Famous for their chilaquiles, but everything looked great. This was our second visit to Martannes, but the first to their great new and larger location. This time I tried the rancheros with green chile pork and I have a new favorite. Amazing! I am ready to go back to flagstaff just for breakfast!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LMLinAZ

Maryville, Tennessee
“Breakfast was yummy!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We got there before the line went too far out the door. The art is fun and we enjoyed looking at it while we waited for our food. It is cash only so be prepared. We shared a plate as there is lots of food. I don't recall what we ordered but check out the photo. I can tell you it was yummy and worth going and one of the highlights of our trip out west.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank waterdogooder
Mystic
“Very Flagstaff, Very Good”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

When I lived in Flagstaff in the 1990s, the vibe tended to be more Boulder Colorado wannabe than Southwest. That's not quite the case now and hasn't been ever since MartAnne's opened its doors. Trendy restaurants come and go in Flag but MartAnne's is the steady hand, the real thing: a Southwest burrito palace. And it is much loved by the locals. The relocation six months ago from San Francisco Street to larger premises around the corner on Route 66 is a sign of success; and it has left the small staff of MartAnne's with a lot of running to do. Locals know that. The tourists expect something else, unaware perhaps that Flagstaff is not a rush rush town. When I'm in the area I always have lunch at MartAnne's, and I always order the posole. It really is the best you can get, with bit of chili bite in a wondrous stew of fine ingredients. I also love the cheese enchilada. If you have to wait a few minutes for these, as some reviewers complain, aw heck. Just wait. Look around. Check out the idiosyncratic salt and pepper shakers around the tables and the happy skeletons frolicking on the walls. No one is rude at Martanne's...except the occasional customer. Relax. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CMcNabb
tucson
“Cash or check.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I ate here twice and really enjoyed food. The second time the wait was a bit long, and I felt they should have sign on door regarding cash or check. (There is a sign behind the cash register but not on the door)

• Visited May 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“they blow”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place is frequented by people that don't know what a good breakfast is... Its like a fad or something. Its creepy having death all around you while eating the sub standard food with horrible service. Do yourself a favor and eat at La Bellavia..

• Visited April 2013