“Life long memories!”
Review of Grand Canyon Store - CLOSED

Grand Canyon Store
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Tour Planning and Information center. We have daily tours that will show you Grand Canyon Top to Bottom and surrounding area attractions! We also have a Retail Store with Grand Canyon and Route 66 gifts and apparel.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
La Jolla, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Life long memories!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We made life long memories on our Grand Canyon Tour from Grand Canyon Tour Store. We had very little time for me and my hubby to plan our trip and at first I was worried at how family oriented this would be (as we have a 7 and 12 year old). It was utterly AMAZING. I only wished we had a better battery in our camera. Bring extra batteries because you are going to need them! We thought dessert and cactus, this was BEAUTIFUL forrest and evergreen and the wildlife was spectacular. Well planned, great friendly guide, knowledgeable, and the best part for my husband is he didn't have to drive! (or get lost =) he he

Visited May 2014
1 Thank MrsKLaJolla

Poughkeepsie, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Save your money”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We booked the tour to see the canyon from the bottom- but there are several problems with this. Pros: our guide Dave was knowledgeable, pleasant and a great guide. We learned a lot about the geology and the flora and fauna on our ride into the canyon. I would give Dave 5 stars.
Cons: you don't really get the sense that you are in the Grand Canyon- it could be any canyon and not as awesome as say Zion. You can only see partially up the canyon because of the spot we stopped in. The area around the river where we stopped really did not have much hiking area for the 1 1/2 hours we spent down there.
The company did not mention that in addition to the 1 1/2 hour ride into the canyon, the 1 1/2 hours at the bottom of the canyon, and the 1 1/2 hour ride back up there was the ride from Williams to the Hualapi reservation which was over an hour each way, lunch at the Hualapai hotel which was another hour- so our expected 4 1/2 hour day was over 8 hours, most of it in the van! Unless you are very interested in geology I would suggest you save your money.
Another problem was the owner, Brad (or Bart- he never bothered introducing himself, left the tour at the first stop without saying anything) needs some people skills. I booked directly with the Grand Canyon Store, and whomever I spoke to was polite and enthusiastic- but left out crucial parts of the tour. I never would have booked that much time in a van for such a short time in a canyon.
There were four of us- two mature couples, and we all felt it was the most wasted day of our entire 12 day vacation in National Parks. Spend your time in the park- and save your money.

Visited April 2014
6 Thank MTPoughkeepsie
Portales, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Inner Canyon Bus Tour”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our family of five adults signed up for Inner Canyon tour during the government shutdown. We were told that each bus holds thirteen people. This was an all-day program, and I chickened out and decided not to go (I tend to be claustrophobic and have problems with people's perfumes in closed spaces), but the rest of my family went.

Each of my family members reported that the first half of the trip was really sad with extremely poor lunch which was included, but that the second half of the trip more than made up for it. Everybody was very happy when they got back. So my advice to the people who are considering this program is to pack some food and don't be disappointed before you see the second half.

Another thing that I am very impressed with was that the company refunded my portion. I didn't ask for it because we signed up at the last minute (the evening before the trip day) and didn't have a chance to cancel the reservation properly. The people who helped us sign up were straightforward answering all of our questions, and the company proved itself to be honorable as well. If we have another chance to go to Grand Canyon, we will definitely look for this company.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Soleilleux
West Boylston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Glad we did the Inner Canyon Tour!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I and another couple took this trip from Williams and loved it! Our guide, John, was awesome and provided great explanations as well as having a good sense of humor. Given we we not going to hike the Grand Canyon or take a mule, this tour was the best option to get to the bottom and stick our feet in the Colorado River. In addition, rode Rt. 66 and got to visit a couple of neat towns.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank kdlake
Frisco, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Guided Tour Ever by The Grand Canyon Store!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

On August 4, 2013, my husband and I, with our two teenagers, embarked on one of the best times we have ever had. We chose to take a bus tour to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Our tour guide's name is Jerry Bricker, and I would request him, specifically. He is tremendous.
Jerry picked us up right on time at our hotel in a new van built specifically for this tour. It was clean, very comfortable, and allowed everyone an excellent view.
Jerry's enthusiasm, professionalism, and in-depth knowledge of American history, the State of Arizona, and all that is the Grand Canyon made this a great experience!

Visited August 2013