“Great FREE shuttle service”
Review of Grand Canyon Store - CLOSED

Grand Canyon Store
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Tour Planning and Information center. We have daily tours that will show you Grand Canyon Top to Bottom and surrounding area attractions! We also have a Retail Store with Grand Canyon and Route 66 gifts and apparel.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Staying at the Wyndham resort we were informed of a FREE shuttle service offered by this company from the resort to their store located in the historical part of downtown Flagstaff. Wanting to try out some of the different breweries downtwn we thought this was a great idea to keep from drinking and driving. We called and they sent the 16 passenger van right away. We had no trouble getting our group of 13 in the van with three of them in car seats, plus a car seat. Once at the store we listened to a very quick overview of the tours they offer with no pressure to try them out. We were given a map of downtown with some flyers and discount coupons to some businesses. They even held onto the car seats in the back so we wouldn't have to carry them around downtown. Our large group went back to the resort in two groups and they had no trouble with running the shuttle twice and the shuttle was ready when we were. If you don't want the hassle of trying to find parking downtown I recommended giving this shuttle service a try. I have no idea on the tours though.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family of 10 decided to take this tour for the convenience it seemed to offer. We had 3 vehicles among us and so it seemed easier to all ride together. The cost was pricey but we thought it was going to be worth it. We drove about 2 hours to get to the Grand Canyon. We had 3 extra passengers who we had to drop off at the airport for their helicopter ride and then the driver had to waste time so we could go back and pick them up. Our lunch, which was included, turned out to be a cheap fast food lunch at the theater. We finally made it in to the Grand Canyon and got to spend about 45 minutes at the first stop. We drove on to the second stop which included the hiking trail and shops and were only allowed to stay there about and hour. Then we loaded back up and drove back to Flagstaff, which was another 2 hours. SO ALL IN ALL WE SPENT ABOUT 4 HOURS IN THE BUS AND LESS THAN 2 HOURS AT THE GRAND CANYON. FOR A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY! This tour was such a huge disappontment to my whole family.

6  Thank Tami Y
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were excited about taking this jeep tour down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. We allocated the largest portion of our attraction budget on this tour and a full day. It cost more than our airfare. After the tour, we regretted spending the money and the whole day on this tour.

We spent 5 hours riding on a bus to get from Flagstaff to Peach Springs (the Jeep launching point) and back. The Jeep driver was very personable and knowledgeable. However, the Jeep broke down on our way back from the bottom. It was extremely hot and we had to wait for one of the other Jeeps to drop off their passengers and then return to rescue us. The passenger seat on the rescue Jeep was broken and the driver struggled to get it to move forward enough for us to enter and exit the Jeep.

Given the mechanical problems with two jeeps, one could question the maintenance program for the Jeeps. It makes you wonder if Jeep maintenance is a priority with this company. When we returned to Flagstaff, I asked to speak with a manager about the problem. They said he was gone but they would give him a message to call me. After repeated calls to the main office and three days later the owner called.

I explained the problem and he said sometimes things happen. I explained that we budgeted more on this Jeep ride than our airfare and we rode on two jeeps in disrepair. I expected him to refund a portion of the price as a gesture of good faith. He reacted with anger, raised his voice and was very rude. He refused to refund one cent. Given how much we paid them, I was shocked at how he treated me.

There are so many attractions near the Grand Canyon and Sedona. There is no reason to waste your money and a whole day on this Jeep tour. Spend it on the others.

6  Thank SassyDragonfly
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a wonderful full day and our guide, Allen, was friendly, informative and helpful. The tour was arranged by the Grand Canyon Railway for us. They picked us up at the hotel exactly on time and then proceeded to "make the rounds" to pick up other travelers. The bus ride from Williams to the Antelope Slot Canyon is long (about 3 hous) but Allen was entertaining and very well informed about sights along the route. The slot canyon was amazing and something not to be missed. Lunch was simple box lunch but at an interesting floating restaurant on Lake Powell--a nice touch. The raft trip left from the dam at lake Powell, which was an event in itself. Allen brought bandanas for each of us to wet on the river to cool down. What a great idea and made the 105 degree canyon temperature in June bearable! Allen was waiting for us at the end of the trip with the bus and even suggested what side of the bus to sit on to avoid the afternoon sun, and put some music on while most of us slept on the long ride home. Altogether our guide was a real gem and we had a day we will always remember.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hi .,just arrived back in SC from our trip to Williams
and Flagstaff AZ and wanted to take a minute to commend one of your
personnel! I was on the Jeep Tour last week with a group of 9 women. The
guide I had was Fernandez (not sure I'm spelling this correctly . if not
sorry). He was a great guide! I have MS and it's hard for me to get
around. I was very worried about the fact that I had to actually climb
into a Jeep for this tour, however, with Fernandez' help it was no
problem! He was patient, very knowledgeable and even made it a point to
stop on the way back up the Canyon to let my friends' special needs
daughter get a chance to feed the burrows (again . . probably
misspelling) . . she was so excited to be able to do this as the Jeep
she went down into the Canyon only the guide fed them. Kudos to
Fernandez .. he's great! Our group took two tours with your business,
all were great but Fernandez made all the difference! Thanks again!
donna klein