“I will not go back”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2015

Such a shame, lots of atmosphere in a historic hotel in old town Flagstaff, great place to sit and have a drink and people watch, decent food.....but absolutely horrible service. Where to start. Although the restaurant wasn't full, we sat for probably 15 minutes without even a glass of water. A busboy eventually brought two glasses of water. Another long wait, and we finally stopped someone and asked if we could get someone to wait on us. She said "I don't know.."-and she left. She finally returned and offered to bring us bread and take our order. Ok. She brought the bread-with no plates (again, the busboy brought us our plates). The food came out fairly quickly after we ordered, but I felt that our waitress really didn't want to be bothered; she was much more interested in visiting with the locals at the table outside. Please understand that I'm very easy to please and I almost never give anyone a bad review, but I had high expectations for Charly's and I was so very disappointed. If I come back to Flagstaff I will NOT go back to Charly's.

1  Thank dpez48

Reviewed June 1, 2015

We wanted to take my cousin and her husband out for dinner as a thank you for letting us stay with them in Flagstaff. They wanted us to see historic downtown Flagstaff and have dinner in the historic Weatherford. The food was good. Three of us had the steak, one the mac and cheese. And my cousin and husband had a couple beers. Our server was nice, but seemed a little tentative on the menu and how things were prepared. The setting was really lovely and we had a great time.

Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

What a great place for a casual beer and some food. Nothing about the place is particularly spectacular but the location is great with a balcony overlooking the street so you can people watch and the food menu has plenty of choice.

A positive note for the service which was attentive without being a nuisance, the only reason we're rating at 4 start was that our table (outside) was dirty when we sat down so we wiped it over ourselves.

I went in to order the macho nachos but the barman suggested that I rethink as they were very large. This was despite me being 250lbs, and I was planning to split them with my wife too. I ordered the mini-macho nachos..... Good call! Delicious!

Charismatic, easy, we'll located. It is what it is.

Reviewed May 8, 2015 via mobile

We had spent a long day at the Lowell observatory and were going back for some night time viewing so we asked about a good place close by for an early bite of dinner. Charly's fit the bill. My husband ordered the sliders and said they were excellent and very flavorful. I had the veggie burger without the bun and a side of sweet potato fries. The burger and all the toppings were delicious and the fries outstanding although way more than I could eat. A good glass of wine and a table on the patio made for a relaxing and enjoyable meal.

Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

This place was great- a little confusing to find since the usual entrance was under construction and we had to enter through the hotel. The food was fantastic, will go back next time we're in Flagstaff!!