“Breakfast at Charly's”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Breakfast at Charly's”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stopped in Flagstaff after the Grand Canyon. A tour guide in the visitor's center recommended Charly's for breakfast and we were pleased. The breakfast menu was varied and a very comfortable ambience. The food was good as was the coffee. The service was slower than expected as there are only a few customers in the morning. They have entertainment in the evening but we were on our way home by then.

• Visited July 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Attentive staff”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Pet friendly on the patio, staff cannot be beat. Nice menu and drinks. Have been here both trips to Flagstaff, will return!

• Visited June 2014
San Jose, California
“Great Service - Average Food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Located in the historic Hotel Weatherford in downtown Flagstaff, Charly’s has a menu featuring some creative Southwestern meals in addition to the burgers, sandwiches and entrees “Off The Grill.’ The restaurant is nicely decorated and provides a comfortable environment. The wait staff was superb, attentive and knowledgeable.

However, if only the food approached the quality of the menu descriptions…there was a reasonable relationship between the menu and what was served but the meals were bland, uninspired and terribly average at best. I won’t dwell on specifics but we were disappointed.

Given the plethora of good restaurants in downtown Flagstaff, I would consider another alternative for dinner.

• Visited May 2014
California Bay Area
“Great vegetarian options and pie, too!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Flagstaff seems to be a meat and potatoes town, so finding great vegetarian choices has been problematic. So I was delighted to find Charly's.

I highly, highly recommend the portobello mushroom sandwich. It is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had and portions are enormous. I took half the sandwich to go.

I ended up at Charly's the last time I was in Flagstaff because I needed a piece of pie and Charly's owner makes them herself! I've had both peach and blackberry pies there and enjoyed them (the crust was tougher than my own homemade pies, but the filings were wonderful).

Re service, my first visit to Charly's was in July of 2013 and the server was excellent. My second visit in December wasn't so great. The server seemed terribly inexperienced. The servers need to be as good as the food!

Finally, the interior is quite charming - warm and cozy - with lots of light and very little noise so you can actually talk to the person across the table from you.

Highly recommended!!

Visited December 2013
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great American food”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

On the ground floor of a renovated 'traditional' Arizona hotel: good atmosphere, great American food in great American portions (we shared very happily) - and cheerful, friendly service. Good value

• Visited October 2013