“Excellent chicken fried steak”
Review of Miz Zip's

Miz Zip's
Ranked #79 of 348 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Northwest Indiana
“Excellent chicken fried steak”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great service and chicken fried steak. We arrived near closing with 18 people and they were so accommodating. Good variety of food. Would definitely return.

Visited May 2014

“one of Fllagstaff's hidden treasures”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Not a place tourists are likely to spot, but a great place for locals to gather decade after decade. The service is always great, the food delicious, and the prices way low. We go here at least once a month. The chicken fried steak is the best in town.

• Visited May 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Unique atmosphere, friendly service and buckwheat pancakes!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Up front, I want to mention that a breakfast favorite of mine is buckwheat pancakes. Yet, Miz Zips has more that wonderful "bucky's". The 1950' s atmosphere is cool and the restaurant has been owned by the same family for generations. Friendly service, excellent prices. Homemade pies are top-notch. Have not tried it for dinner, but breakfast and lunch are well done. No credit cards.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank S B
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Disgusted”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I have been going there for almost 30yrs and never had a problem. We stopped there for dinner with my kids, my mother and brother. As we were getting settled in a man came to get our drinks. My son had he's toy to keep himself busy note he is 3yrs old. The man asked what he was playing with and rudley said "I thought he had a phone! I was going to say he's to young to have a phone!" Then he walked off, so we brushed it off. He quickly came back thinking he was going to take our order instead askes "Does that toy have a volume? If it does he can turn it down!" My brother just turned my sons toy off and my son was upset. And in a flash the man comes back and says "Well would it help if I brought crayons and a napkin he can play with?"... all this was in 5 minutes of being there. I don't know why he was being rude, Im thinking it was because we had kids or because we are Native Americans. So I just told him 'No thats ok, we are just going to leave!' He gives me a reply with "OK!" .. that experience just made me upset! I use to be a waitress and I know how customers are suppose to experience great service no matter what! Customers are always right! And that place needs to step up their customer service. Due to their lack of customer service and discrimination I will not be eating there no more!..

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank BEPeshlakai
Piqua
“Always good...a Flagstaff classic”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stopped into Miz Zip's for a really late breakfast recently. The place was quiet except for a couple other tables. I had a waffle with strawberries and cream and it was great...just what I wanted. Don't expect an empty house too often though as every other time that I've been there the restaurant was "rockin'". But, no matter how busy, the service has always been friendly, prompt and down-to-earth. And remember... Bring cash! No credit cards accepted!!

Visited February 2014