“Disgusted”

Cuisines: American
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Disgusted”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I have been going there for almost 30yrs and never had a problem. We stopped there for dinner with my kids, my mother and brother. As we were getting settled in a man came to get our drinks. My son had he's toy to keep himself busy note he is 3yrs old. The man asked what he was playing with and rudley said "I thought he had a phone! I was going to say he's to young to have a phone!" Then he walked off, so we brushed it off. He quickly came back thinking he was going to take our order instead askes "Does that toy have a volume? If it does he can turn it down!" My brother just turned my sons toy off and my son was upset. And in a flash the man comes back and says "Well would it help if I brought crayons and a napkin he can play with?"... all this was in 5 minutes of being there. I don't know why he was being rude, Im thinking it was because we had kids or because we are Native Americans. So I just told him 'No thats ok, we are just going to leave!' He gives me a reply with "OK!" .. that experience just made me upset! I use to be a waitress and I know how customers are suppose to experience great service no matter what! Customers are always right! And that place needs to step up their customer service. Due to their lack of customer service and discrimination I will not be eating there no more!..

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank BEPeshlakai

Piqua
“Always good...a Flagstaff classic”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stopped into Miz Zip's for a really late breakfast recently. The place was quiet except for a couple other tables. I had a waffle with strawberries and cream and it was great...just what I wanted. Don't expect an empty house too often though as every other time that I've been there the restaurant was "rockin'". But, no matter how busy, the service has always been friendly, prompt and down-to-earth. And remember... Bring cash! No credit cards accepted!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Piquarick
Carlsbad, California
“Miz Zips has the best homemade pies in town!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We always enjoy breakfast at Miz Zip's. Good food. Friendly service. This is not a chain place, but a nice, homey place to start or finish your day. Hamburgers are very good. A the pies are to die for!. Easy to find on the main street through Flagstaff.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JJBr0wn
Green Valley, Arizona
“Comfort Food in a Nostalgic Setting”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having driven the entire length of Route 66 during its heyday, I found this 1950's diner brought back memories of the "open road". Large menu selection of comfort foods (many guests ordered malts, shakes, hamburgers, fries, etc.), reasonable prices, ample portions, and efficient service made me glad I stopped.

For $5.50 I had two eggs, two strips of bacon and my choice of waffles, pancakes, or French toast. A BLT sandwich was $6.50. A slice of pie was $3.50 with a variety of choices that change daily. Waitress was friendly and service efficient. As noted in other reviews, no credit cards are accepted so be sure to have cash.

When you enter you are faced with steps and must either go up or down. If you have trouble with steps, they do have a back entrance which is locked so you must call ahead or have someone ask they open the door for you. Also, it is necessary to go up or down steps to get to the restroom.

The menu has a history of Flagstaff and Route 66 which I found of interest.

I enjoyed my experience and the old-fashioned decor, and will stop again when in Flagstaff.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joan W
Caliente
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a delicious lunch when traveling through Flagstaff. I had the Club Sandwich with Vegetable Beef Soup and both were delicious. My husband had a burger with green chiles and cheese which was also good. They had a nice selection of homemade pies. It took the waitress a moment to warm up, but then she was friendly.

• Visited November 2013