“Comfort Food in a Nostalgic Setting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Miz Zip's
Ranked #65 of 338 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Green Valley, Arizona
“Comfort Food in a Nostalgic Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having driven the entire length of Route 66 during its heyday, I found this 1950's diner brought back memories of the "open road". Large menu selection of comfort foods (many guests ordered malts, shakes, hamburgers, fries, etc.), reasonable prices, ample portions, and efficient service made me glad I stopped.

For $5.50 I had two eggs, two strips of bacon and my choice of waffles, pancakes, or French toast. A BLT sandwich was $6.50. A slice of pie was $3.50 with a variety of choices that change daily. Waitress was friendly and service efficient. As noted in other reviews, no credit cards are accepted so be sure to have cash.

When you enter you are faced with steps and must either go up or down. If you have trouble with steps, they do have a back entrance which is locked so you must call ahead or have someone ask they open the door for you. Also, it is necessary to go up or down steps to get to the restroom.

The menu has a history of Flagstaff and Route 66 which I found of interest.

I enjoyed my experience and the old-fashioned decor, and will stop again when in Flagstaff.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joan W

Caliente
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a delicious lunch when traveling through Flagstaff. I had the Club Sandwich with Vegetable Beef Soup and both were delicious. My husband had a burger with green chiles and cheese which was also good. They had a nice selection of homemade pies. It took the waitress a moment to warm up, but then she was friendly.

• Visited November 2013
Fernley, Nevada
“Meh...cute Rt 66 decor is the best thing about it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were pretty disappointed. It is a cute place but the food is nothing special, the service was ok, I had the sirloin. It was cooked med rare as ordered but nothing special. My friend had a burger and he said it was not that good. The beef veg soup was the best part of the meal. If I had it to do over again, I would get fries -which were also really good- and the soup, and get it to go. We Are just passing thru but this will not be on our visit again list.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
“Only accepts cash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Their malts are like the old days. Beware they only accept cash. I did not see the sign and ended up having to run to the atm a mile down the road. The food was just ok but the malt was delicious and big enough to share between the three of us.

• Visited December 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Burgers need work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Seem to me that if you bother making a hamburger you might as well make a good one. The hamburgers here seem to be just a small step above a Mac Donald's quarter pounder. Not very big either however the fries are great and the give you enough. The young blond waiter was quick and friendly. Don't think I'd give this place another shot

• Visited September 2013