“Pet Friendly Hotel with a great pet sitter recommendation!”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
San Diego, California
“Pet Friendly Hotel with a great pet sitter recommendation!”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband and I were traveling through AZ and NV the week of Thanksgiving with our small dog. We stopped in Flagstaff one night and wanted to do an all day hike at the Grand Canyon the next day. When we checked in, I asked at the front desk if they knew of any pet sitters that would be willing to watch our dog the next day (neither Petco or Petsmart have boarding/day care facilities in Flagstaff). I was given a business card for Kelly & Lita's Pet Sitting (www.kellylitapetsit.com) and called Kelly right away. She came to our hotel room that night to meet us and our dog! The next morning, she came by before 8am to pick the dog up and spent the entire day with him! She took him to her house to play with her dogs and then brought him back to our hotel that night when we returned from our long day of hiking! Kelly is absolutely amazing and I would trust her with my pet any day! It is so nice to be able to find great service and an unexpected perk at the last minute while away on vacation. Thank you Springhill Suites for the amazing recommedation!!

Also, the hotel is clean and simple with a very nice hot breakfast bar before you head out for a day of outdoor activity!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Great staff. The hotel is very clean. Overall, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My biggest issue with this hotel was the room layout and design.

I suppose you could call it a "suite" since it had a somewhat separate seating area, but even that designation is questionable to me. I did know this going in, but assumed that the half wall separating the seating area from the beds was a solid wall. Unfortunately, it was not. It was a frosted glass. So, we put the kids to bed at a reasonable time, hoping we would be able to sit in the seating area with a small light on and read or watch tv. The light from the seating area caused the frosted glass window to almost glow from the opposite side (where the beds were) dissipating the light and significantly brightening up the room.

In addition, the tv did not swivel enough to be able to comfortably watch it from the seating area without disturbing those in bed.

Overall, this hotel was little better than a single room and since we paid more assuming we would get value from the "suite", we were disappointed.

If you are planning to all go to bed at the same time and are not bothered by lights coming on at night, it is a nice hotel, but nothing spectacular. If you're looking for a suite, keep looking.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay, great location, friendly staff, great rooms and awesome breakfast. We stayed here for a week and have no complainats at all. I recommend it very highly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We stayed here with our family of 5 and have to say that we won't stay at this hotel again. Although the staff was wonderful, the hotel needs improvement. The check-in procedure was easy and smooth but then when we stepped into the elevator and saw the dirty, stained rug, we started to question our decision to stay here. The room itself was nice but the design is bizarre. We had a 2 queen suite which had no dresser or any type of drawers for storing our clothes. They stayed in the suitcase for the duration of our stay. The bathroom door has frosted glass which does not adequately filter out light. So, when someone went to the bathroom at night - the light shone out on everyone. Also - the whole bathroom is open which was also an odd design.

The pull-out bed extended underneath the desk so there was only one way in and out. Again, this was somewhat of an inconvenience but I associate it with poor design. The room that are near the main road can get a little loud at night with traffic and sirens (periodically), so I would recommend getting a room on the opposite side from the road.

Breakfast was absolutely horrible! The breakfast items were along one wall and the yogurt and milk were in small fridges located down below. This proved to be a challenge for older people staying at the hotel. There were lines to get to the food as it was along the one wall. The sausage was undercooked and the eggs had no taste. Marriott really needs to study the competition (read: Holiday Inn Express) to learn how to offer a good breakfast.

Lastly, the internet connection was pretty slow so I would not recommend this hotel for business travelers needing a fast connection.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MoscowMark
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Loved This hotel ! It wasa very comfortable accomodation and a extrordinary value. The room itself was spacious and had style, bed and pillows were heavenly--which is a must after a long day of travel. The staff was out standingly helpful with suggested directions which enhanced our trip. To complete our stay they include a nice continental breakfast. Last but not least, easy access to HWY. and for the price you can not go wrong here!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My stay was during the Labor Day weekend 2010.

This is the worst nightmare I've ever had. The hotel is totally NOT CLEAN. They did not cover the spring box with a skirt so I saw remnants of dead bugs/stains. I have a photo to prove it.

There were blood stains and hair in the towels, pillow cases, comforter cover, and sheets. Then there was a white dried up substance in the black mugs. GROSS.

I complained and they promised to clean up. BUT same lousy unclean stuff all over plus I get 2 fleas for bonus at the ceiling. The staff took a photo of them before they landed on the nightstand.

I complained and the manager said this is a pet-friendly hotel so fleas are not impossible to have. They adjusted the balance due but for what it is worth, I would not stay even if it is for free. The house cleaning staff did not care the quality of their work even though I complained and they had a chance to clean up their mess.

Oh the walls are thin so you can hear people open and close closets and room doors.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends