“Clean, comfortable stay”

Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Los Angeles, CA
“Clean, comfortable stay”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Property has the newer springhill suites room layout. Comfortable for my husband & I and our son. Room was clean, king bed was comfortable, couch pullout was comfortable enough for our son to sleep on. The hotel was crowded, assuming due to the holiday, and some noise could definitely be heard, but not unbearably so.

Daniel at the front desk was helpful and the breakfast had good options.

2 Thank juliebean06
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so happy that Daniel made your stay an enjoyable one! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Flagstaff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very clean and organized. Staff was curteous and very professional. The room had everything we needed. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. There were many things near the hotel to do(stores, restaraunts, etc..) We will come back for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ricky m
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed the close shopping areas! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We came up to Flagstaff to attend an NAU Graduation. We selected SpringHill Suites because of its location and positive Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The staff was wonderful and very friendly. The front desk had maps of the NAU Dome and parking areas that helped immensely. Our King room was spacious, clean and very modern. We ended our visit with a hearty breakfast, which helped to prepare us for the a parking lot full of snow. Fortunately, it had already been plowed and the front desk provided snow scrapers for our car. This was our first visit to to Springfield location and we will definitely consider another one in the future.

2 Thank Desertdweller2877
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you stay was great when you were visiting for NAU Graduation! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Flagstaff!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Grand Canyon mule ride to Phanton Ranch. The location is great easy access to both I-40 and I-17 and 89 to Sedona. Our suite was roomy, desk, free wi-FI ,great shower, comfortable bed. There are many choices of restaurants close by and a short drive to a mall. SpringHill suites are my personal favorites of the Marriott chains and this is a great example of one. The front desk was great helpful and friendly. The breakfast was superior and the lady in charge was helpful and friendly. The breakfast is included with your room and is a full hot Buffett. Parking is free and plentiful. We slept well and heard no notices in our suite.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and on the side away from the interstates. Our room was quiet and I was t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Smokedogaz
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay with us after your Grand Canyon Adventure! We are pleased that our staff helped make your stay an enjoyable one and look forward to welcoming you back!
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We arrived very late at night after driving through a snowstorm. The front desk staff person who checked us in was friendly and very efficient, which we appreciated as we were exhausted. The room was nice, relatively spacious, and well appointed. If you've stayed at a SpringHill before, you'll get exactly what you expect for the brand at this location.

Breakfast was buffet style and mediocre. Sadly there was no bacon which I had been looking forward to, but it was included in the price of the room and all you can eat so I can't really complain too much.

The staff helpfully supplied several tools and brushes for guests to remove ice and snow from their cars in the morning, which we really appreciated as we are from San Diego and had no such tools in our car.

The location of the hotel seems pretty good - easy to access off of the Interstate, very near to campus and downtown. And if you like to run, there is very easy access to a few trails from the hotel, which would have been a plus for me had there not been 7 inches of freshly-fallen snow on the ground.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adam R
Thank you for your review on your snowy stay with us! We are happy to hear that our staff was friendly and give you the snow tools to help get brush off your car! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay!
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I am 6'3", and the bed was comfortable and big enough. The in room wireless was easy to set up, and very fast. The rooms are quiet, with none of the train noise Flagstaff is famous for. The staff was all very pleasant and friendly. Every time I passed the front desk going in or out of the hotel, I was greeted/acknowledged by the staff on duty. The breakfast was excellent. The food was quite varied, with lots of condiments you do not normally see at a hotel. The breakfast staff was very attentive. Melissa in particular personally greeted all of the guests and made them feel at home. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in Flagstaff, and I've stayed at quite a few. I will certainly plan to stay there again.

1 Thank John v
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay with us! We pride ourselves on delivering superior customer service, and are so happy that Melissa and our front des associates made your stay an enjoyable one!
Poway, California
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This property was exactly what I was looking for where I needed it to be. By process of elimination, my family and I stayed here for three nights before Thanksgiving while we day-tripped to the nearby natural landscape attractions.

We chose this property by process of elimination - it was the only halfway decent place in town that permits dogs. Not just your yip-yap lap dogs up to 25, 35, or 50 lbs... you can bring them in of all sizes for a mere $50 surcharge (per stay). We took our pooch, a 75 lb. Sheppard. He could have been more thrilled, but it beat staying at home alone for a few days. I was also happy as Marriott is my family of choice and Springhill is one of my top three spots for family travel behind Residence Inn. Here is a quick run-down of amenities and features:

Rooms: every room is the same save for bed (1 King v 2 Doubles). My Gold status did nothing when it came to the free upgrade. All rooms have the sofa bed, separated work/sitting space (not a separate room, but just a translucent barrier), mini fridge, and microwave. For the two kids and everything it worked out well. I like to stay up later than say, my two year old, so I would go to the lobby for coffee (24/7 free hot coffee, hot water, tea, cocoa, etc.) and use the computers in the biz center and cruise the internet. We were in the accessible room on the first floor - and throughout the night we heard the sound from the radio/tv from either the kitchen/meeting room/lobby, which was a bit annoying.

Breakfast: Great for families. Fresh hot breakfast with oatmeal a la Delta Skyclub (tasty!), cold cereal, toast, bagels, English muffins, regular muffins, fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles yogurt, juice, and milk. The kids had plenty of choices and I ate like a king so I'd not be so hungry at lunch. We even took a couple milks and yogurts for our room as snacks later. At times seating was limited and overflow went to the meeting room. It was load and busy around the 8:00 hour. If you are a business traveler looking to grab and go, I'd hit the lobby earlier.

business Center: smack dab in the middle of the lobby with no privacy on the monitor. Limited functions available on the PC.

Staff: It's Marriott. Great all around Smiles and hellos from every passing staff member. No hassle at all for special requests (1st floor, extra conditioner, late checkout - which is available for Gold members more than non-elites).

Doggy Area: There is a designated pet relief area in the parking lot, and poop bags are located at every door. You'd think all pet owners would be grateful that such a nice property allowed their 100 lb. retriever and be respectful, but, unfortunately, there were plenty of irresponsible pet owners leaving Fido's poop behind for others to see/smell/step in. I really hope pet Owners don't abuse this privilege. If you are particularly disgusted by seeing dogs in your hotel or poop on the grounds (it isn't everywhere, but if you look, you will find it), this hotel may not be for you. As for the pet relief area, it would be nice if it was fenced it with a latching gate. Just like I don't like it when someone takes me to a bathroom and watches me from 3 ft. away, neither does my dog. If I could take him off leash and let him sniff on his own, he'd be done a lot faster and I wouldn't freeze as much. I had better success just walking him 1/4 mile or so. There is a nice trail cross the street along a creek towards Wal*Mart.

Nearby businesses: Wal*Mart is across the street. You are much better off buying your beer, soda, snacks, etc. here than at the convenience shop in the lobby, which charges $5/beer. this isn't in downtown or central Flagstaff - it isn't walkable - but you can be there in a 4-5 minute drive.

Pool - The highlight of our trip was probably the indoor pool, which was bout 86 degrees. My kids loved being able to swim while it was below freezing outside. It was a bit chilly, however, running across the lobby after our swim back to our room.

I would certainly go back to this place in a heartbeat. The rate we got using my corporate discount was wonderful (so much so that I decided to not use my Marriott Rewards points).

Room Tip: Dogs owners are put on the first floor. Try to get the end of the hall away from the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so happy that your entire family including the 4-legged member enjoyed their stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Flagsaff!