“Great hotel with one exception”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We found the Springhill Suites in Flagstaff to be pretty nice, with an outstanding, helpful & friendly staff. We stayed there three nights and felt that the bed was comfy, the room reasonably clean (with one exception--see below) & quiet, and lots of stores & restaurants nearby.

There were only two problems: the first was that the carpet was VERY dirty, causing my white socks to turn black quickly--Yuck! The second night, someone left a small dog in their car all night and it actually barked ALL night. I was simply too tired to call the front desk so they could deal with it, but it was irritating.

All-in-all, it was a good stay, and we might stay there again some day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel to escape the freeway noise.
1  Thank Colorado_Rick

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here after returning from the Grand Canyon the first day it reopened. The staff here is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very modern. Convenient to restaurants and Walmart. Nice experience. The only complaint is that you can hear the highway noise.

1  Thank F H
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was traveling from California to Louisiana on a motorcycle and decided to spend one night at the SpringHill in Flagstaff. Their location next to a bunch of restaurants made finding dinner super easy, and their updated, clean rooms made the night easy. What was even more impressive was how they treated me the next day. My motorcycle didn't start, and the manager had one of the gentlemen twice try to jump start my bike. When that didn't work, they gave me recommendations to bike shops in town and even offered to personally give me a ride to the airport. This is the best service and most friendly staff I've ever seen in a hotel. Couple that with their great rooms, good location, and tasty complimentary breakfast, and you have a winning combination. Highest recommendation for anyone staying in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice now as a little date night escape while vacationing at
my parents second home in Williams, AZ. Both times we have stayed in the king suite and the beds have been very comfortable. I like how these rooms are very modern, sleek and clean. The general layout of the room is nice with a seating area when you first enter that has a couch with a divan, a nice desk area and an area with a microwave, coffee bar and small refrigerator. There is a small seperator between the sitting area and the sleeping area but certainly not a seperate room. The bed area is adequete with nothing special to note. The bathroom has a separate toilet and shower space from the sink and closet, but not a door to separate the two. So if you want privacy, you need to shut the door between the bed area and bathroom area. Not a big deal.

In the bathroom the touches I liked were really good lighting for putting on makeup, a full size hairdryer that is 1875 watts, so if you are a woman with long hair and have to "blow out" your hair, you will appreciate this! They have Paul Mitchell hair products which is a nice touch. The shower is large and plenty of space for two if that is your liking :) Closet was also plenty big enough. No drawers in the bathroom, so if you are a woman staying for any length of time, you might enjoy a little basket or something to keep some bathroom necessities in.

If traveling with kids: we did check out the sofa bed and it was just okay. I could feel the springs when I pressed down with my hands but not necessarily when I laid on it. I think the sofa bed would be fine for one older child or small adult or two very young children, but our kids are 10 and 7 and would not be able to share this sofa bed. If we brought our kids we could either get a room with 2 queens, which were very nice and spacious rooms, or there is enough room in the king room for a rollaway bed. One very small child could also sleep on the "divan" part of the sofa couch which is kinda neat. There is also just enough room between the king bed and the window for a playpen if you have a baby or the playpen could go in the sitting area if that is your preference. The closet in the two queen rooms are huge and the kids would have a great time using as a hiding place!

This hotel is pet friendly but I saw and smelled no sign of pets in our room.

The pool here is indoors and very small but still just fine if the kids want to go for a quick dip. There is very little step area for babies or toddlers to play, so it's not good for very young children. There is a very small patio off the pool with a few chairs, but it looks over the parking lot, so is very negligible. The pool is certainly not a main attraction but I appreciate that they have one. Don't know about a hot tub, didn't see one but didn't really seek it out either.

The lobby and breakfast area is lovely and very modern looking. Lots of seating with different arrangements to accomodate various groups or individuals. The complimentary breakfast is quite extensive so I really appreciated that. They had a nice oatmeal station, waffle station, egg and breakfast meat station, etc... It was really great!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for pleasure or business, with or without kids. We will likely stay here again in the future and am sure we will enjoy our third stay next time.

Room Tip: Great location near lots of restaurants and the university
1  Thank applejanna
Reviewed October 9, 2013

As with the North Phoenix location, this Springhill Suites is quite good, actually a little nicer. The complimentary breakfast is larger & they have 2 waffle makers to use. N Phoenix has no waffles. The way the bathroom is set up at Flagstaff is nicer too. There is a sliding door with translucent glass separating the bathroom from the sleeping area. It has a big closet within that area and a glass enclosure for the shower with a door. N Phoenix has none of this & instead has a shower curtain only. Both seem clean though & I walked around barefoot without a care. Some hotels give you the heeby jeebies & shoes seem mandatory. Only 1 thing better at Phoenix: the amount & firmness of the pillows. Overall, I love this chain.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We recently stayed at the Springhill Suites for six nights and had a great experience. The most notable aspect of our stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Whether 6:00 a.m. or 11:00 p.m., we were always greeted with a smile.

We liked the location as well—it was a short drive to downtown, walking distance to a variety of restaurants (Taverna being our favorite) and a block away from Wal-Mart and a grocery store. The location also was a short drive away from I-40 (which you take west to the Grand Canyon or east towards Winslow and the Painted Desert) and I-17 (which you take to Sedona or Phoenix).

The rooms were nicely appointed (standard king room) and each morning the hotel served a nice complimentary breakfast of: scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, croissants, English muffins, waffles, a variety of cereals, yogurt, juice/milk/coffee and two fresh fruit selections (usually bananas, apples or peaches).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Checkin was fast & service great. Room was clean, comfy with fridge & microwave but had a funky set up with bathroom centred off the bedroom. Free breakfast is always a bonus & dining room staff were lovely. Down fall, the glass sliding door to the bathroom, only a half bottle of shampoo, which would have been fine if was only me & no replacement was left after housekeeping, had to ask at the front desk for more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple