“Comfortable rooms, generous breakfast, reasonable price”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting our daughter at NAU. The hotel is very close to campus and right off the freeway. The rooms are large and comfortable with a living area with couch and desk as well as two beds. The little fridge is nice to hold your leftovers from dinner. Breakfast offers lots of choices from eggs, waffles, sausage to cold cereal and oatmeal. It was a meal that stayed with us until later in the afternoon. Staff is always helpful and accomodating. Hotel and surrounding area is clean and well kept. No problem with noise. This hotel is our preffered lodging when we stay in the Flagstaff area.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My room was huge. 2 queen beds, a very nice 3-part bathroom: One was the toilet and shower with nice glass doors (no tub). The second part was the vanity and sink in the middle. And, the third part was a HUGE, very nice walk-in closet (great if you are staying long-term). There is a totally separate living area with a sofa, work desk, coffee table and a separate area with a frig, coffee pot and microwave.

The beds were less than great. The first bed, when I unmade it, the fitted sheet was ill fitted – it was too short and was a flat sheet (which never stays tucked in). So, I just went to the other bed – but it was saggy and uncomfortable – you could feel the springs. Back to the first bed – at least it was comfortable, even with the bad sheets. I don’t’ know when hotels are going to start buying sheets and bedpads that fit the bed. The bedpad was one of those thin kind that bunch up in the night. Also, the carpet was a little stained up. No real big deal to me, but it was unsightly and didn't seem all that clean.

That being said, overall this is a great place. I love the huge room and comfort of it.
The lobby is beautiful and renovated. Good breakfast in the morning, and very friendly staff. I stayed for 3 nights and I would most definitely stay here again. The price was a few dollars more than I like to pay, but not all that bad – comparable with other hotels in the area.
The Grand Canyon is a little over an hour drive. This hotel is very close to the interstate. And, there’s lots of stuff you can walk to in the area – overall good location. There is a Walmart right behind the hotel. Sedona is not even an hour away.

As for the free wi-fi, the first day it was good. The second day, I couldn’t get it to work much. The front desk girl was very helpful and even called me back regarding it. But, I didn’t pursue it. On the third day it was better. Don’t know what that was all about.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I drove up from the Phoenix area and stayed here with my father and brother the night before hiking Humphrey's Peak. The rooms are clean and the hotel is in a good location with plenty of nearby stores or restaurants, but the layout of the rooms was a little strange. The bathrooms have a sliding door with glass that allows light from the bathroom into the rest of the room. This made it difficult for anybody to sleep if someone was using it. There is not door for the toilet area so nobody could use the sink while someone is using the toilet. It seems like it would make more sense to have a door to the toilet and have the entry to the sink area open, rather than the opposite. This may not matter for couples or someone staying alone, but for our purposes didn't work well. On the plus side, there was a rollout bed so with a two queens room we were able to sleep all three of us.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here 10/13-10/14/12. Hotel sits behind another so it felt secluded. It is very new and modern but lacks that warm fuzzy feel to it. Staff was friendly but not overly welcoming. There was a lack of staff presence during the stay. The suite was very nice but very modern. Room had refrigerator & coffee and sitting area and desk. Walk in shower and vanity and separate room for toilet and tiny sink. Carpet was stained - ugh. Hotel is pet friendly but we were told 4th floor doesn't allow pets and that's where we were. There was a free buffet breakfast but it was very very plain. Fine for the one night stay. Hotel has indoor pool and fitness center.

Room Tip: if you want a room that has NOT had pets ask for a room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I spend many nights a year in Marriott brand hotels. This one is definitely a below par property for them. The room was very cramped. The desk chair barely fit in the small space where it was. To scoot back in the chair was not an option. The bed was very hard. The thermostat didn't really work. The shower/tub was all chipped up and dirty. The breakfast was terrible. Most have a decent breakfast, the one here was nasty. The "egg" patties were hockey puck like. So was was the sausage. I highly doubt this I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at this property, as we come to NAU frequently. As per my previous review, the room design is still cramped in the sleeping area and bathroom design hasn't been improved. We didn't have a full length mirror, the sliding door to the closet had been removed. Housekeeping did provide the usual toiletries...including lotion. The room cleanliness was excellent, bathroom spotless, bedsheets and covers clean, there was a couple of small stains on the carpet, but nothing that would worry me. There wasn't a hairdryer in the room, like our previous visits, but no doubt if I'd asked at reception, one would've been provided, and not having one wasn't a major disaster. I have always been happy with the standard of housekeeping in this hotel and when we asked for more hangers, they were brought quickly. One change at breakfast was the eggs were now in patty form, not scrambled, which makes it more like fast food, but according to my family, tasted OK. Breakfast staff were working hard to replenish items and were cheery, even during the busy times. On this trip we were given room 225, which is located directly over the indoor pool. We never heard any noise from that, but sometime in the VERY early morning on a Saturday, the trash men arrived to empty the large trash container located just across from the hotel pool in the parking lot. They made considerable noise, as I'm a light sleeper, I woke up immediately and couldn't get back to sleep. The hotel doesn't have the room to locate the trash cans at a great distance from the hotel itself, so my advice is, if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the trash cans. The rooms located nearest to them end in 23, 25 and 27. Overall its a nice modern airy hotel, my rating has improved from last visit, because of stays in other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for rooms away from the trash cans, (Wal-Mart end of the hotel) T...
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very comfortable and a very relaxing hotel to stay in, so easy to get to- right off the 17n as soon as you get into Flagstaff. Close enough to the Grand Canyon, close to stores and restaurants and services, what more could one ask for. The Mariott's Springhill's are an excellent value with breakfast to boot- just another perfect piece of the puzzle for vacation getaway to the Grand Canyon. I could post a long bullet list of the plus point's - and you would wonder what are the negatives- there are none!

Room Tip: We book the top floors and ask for extra towels.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple