“3rd stay...and won't be our last.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Flagstaff

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Las Vegas
“3rd stay...and won't be our last.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at this property, as we come to NAU frequently. As per my previous review, the room design is still cramped in the sleeping area and bathroom design hasn't been improved. We didn't have a full length mirror, the sliding door to the closet had been removed. Housekeeping did provide the usual toiletries...including lotion. The room cleanliness was excellent, bathroom spotless, bedsheets and covers clean, there was a couple of small stains on the carpet, but nothing that would worry me. There wasn't a hairdryer in the room, like our previous visits, but no doubt if I'd asked at reception, one would've been provided, and not having one wasn't a major disaster. I have always been happy with the standard of housekeeping in this hotel and when we asked for more hangers, they were brought quickly. One change at breakfast was the eggs were now in patty form, not scrambled, which makes it more like fast food, but according to my family, tasted OK. Breakfast staff were working hard to replenish items and were cheery, even during the busy times. On this trip we were given room 225, which is located directly over the indoor pool. We never heard any noise from that, but sometime in the VERY early morning on a Saturday, the trash men arrived to empty the large trash container located just across from the hotel pool in the parking lot. They made considerable noise, as I'm a light sleeper, I woke up immediately and couldn't get back to sleep. The hotel doesn't have the room to locate the trash cans at a great distance from the hotel itself, so my advice is, if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the trash cans. The rooms located nearest to them end in 23, 25 and 27. Overall its a nice modern airy hotel, my rating has improved from last visit, because of stays in other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for rooms away from the trash cans, (Wal-Mart end of the hotel) T...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very comfortable and a very relaxing hotel to stay in, so easy to get to- right off the 17n as soon as you get into Flagstaff. Close enough to the Grand Canyon, close to stores and restaurants and services, what more could one ask for. The Mariott's Springhill's are an excellent value with breakfast to boot- just another perfect piece of the puzzle for vacation getaway to the Grand Canyon. I could post a long bullet list of the plus point's - and you would wonder what are the negatives- there are none!

Room Tip: We book the top floors and ask for extra towels.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is very inviting with a modern decor. The lobby area is open and airy. The suite was very attractive and comfortable, and the layout would satisfy travelers there for business or pleasure. Nice, spacious bathroom. The room and bathroom were very clean. The hotel has a hot buffet breakfast which has a wide variety of offerings, including make-your-own waffles. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though the hotel is pet-friendly, I never knew pets were there until I saw them in the lobby. Great location if you're planning a visit to the Grand Canyon. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff here is stellar. Gracious and professional, they handled a packed house of incoming guests with finesse. This is an attractive, clean, and modern hotel with bright and cheerful furnishings. Our two-queen suit was large and well designed for efficiency and noise-reduction. Even in a fully-booked hotel, we didn't hear other guests from inside our suite. While the small sofa sectional was somewhat stiff and the sliding bathroom door didn't allow maximum privacy, we appreciated the comfortable queen beds, ample lighting, handy microwave and mini-refrigerator, and large walk-in closet. Highly recommend nearby Buster's Restaurant; friendly service and delicious food and wine at a moderate price. Good location not far from the main roads and near a large business complex, movie theatre, restaurants, and shops.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank M H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is now our go to hotel when visiting Flagstaff ! The price and value are perfect. Rooms were clean, and very spacious. The walk in closet was awesome ! It was nice to have so much space , since we had a party of three. Bathrooms were also very spacious and clean. The beds were wonderful. We never had a problem with the staff , they always had a smile.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Technically it could always be worse but I definitely will not be staying here again. It seems great at first glance, but don't let it fool you, its anything but. The whole bathroom was dirty. Shower had hair and dirt in it. The toilet was definitely not clean which was obvious by just looking at the bowl, but it also smelled like it had urine sitting in it for a month. No exaggeration. The whole room was clearly just "lightly and quickly gone over". No real cleaning took place in what seems like a long time. The curtains had large stains on them. The walls were all marked up. The side of the box spring part of the bed that is visible had several good sized brown (blood?) looking stains on them. My favorite part though is that the information binder in the room had food and boogers (not joking) smeared on the pages. I was looking for the channel guide which turned out to have the wrong information on it anyway. Very disappointing experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelluvv
arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I guess everyone deserves a second chance. I frequently travel to Flagstaff on business, and stopped in without a reservation a few weeks ago. Though they had rooms available, they couldn't accomodate my 4night stay. The desk clerk made no effort at all to try to get me to stay for the 3 nights that they did have open, and made no effort to try to either accomodate me or help me find another Marriott product, so I stayed elsewhere. This time, though, I made a 4 night reservation and a different desk clerk treated me with a very professional attitude, a nice contrast to my initial experience.

The hotel has easy access, easy parking, a great lobby and a surprisingly upscale appearance. My king room was very clean, comfortable and had great decor. I was very surprised, frankly, that it was as nice as it was. Very nice, great rates, perfect location, professional staff, great value. I will definitely stay here again.

Well done, SpringHill Suites! But train that other clerk with some advanced customer service training:)

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business