“Springhill Suites, Flagstaff, AZ”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
“Springhill Suites, Flagstaff, AZ”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am temporarily disabled due to extensive intestinal surgery. I live 200 miles from Flagstaff, and have to go there every week to follow up with my doctor. I called Springhill Suites, on their direct line, not the 800 number, to reserve a handicap accessible room for 3 adults. When we arrived, we were given a handicap accessible room with 1 king bed, which was not acceptable. After some discussion, we were given the adjoining room at no extra charge for our adult daughter.

Once we got into our room, the AC was not working in the handicap accessible room. When we called the front desk, they sent up a tech, who said it would be the next day before it could be repaired, and advised us to open the window.

Our daughter went to the front desk and asked if there was another handicap accessible room available. There was, and we had to move up one floor, while our daughter stayed in the original room.

To be fair, even with all the hassles, after we finally got settled in the room, it was very comfortable.There were grab bars by the toilet and in the tub, with a built in shower chair. There was also a telephone next to the toilet. The bed was very comfortable and the room was large enough to get around with a walker very easily. I would stay there again.

We did learn that in order to make sure the type of room you want to reserve is not given away, you have to request to "block" the room when you make your reservation.

Room Tip: if you are in need of a handicap accessible room, ask the clerk to "block" the room when y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
virginia beach
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a really nice stay last week. Stayed 2 nights and really loved the area. Used Flagstaff for our base to the Grand Canyon and Williams, AZ/Route 66. Totally love the area and found this really nice trail which was across the street for my running route throught the city! Would love to visit here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank michaelvirginiabeach
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had no issues at all with my stay. My sister, her husband, and I were just staying overnight on a Friday from Phoenix before we went east to Petrified Forest. We had the front desk order us a cab, which they did with no issues and service was excellent.

This place is a little ways away from the bars, but the cab ride is short and cheap and we had a great driver. I do like the location because it's far enough away from campus but still close, but very close to the freeway.

Breakfast was good, I just hate how rude other people are and how they don't understand how lines work. The hotel is just like any other Springhill, very clean, very modern decor.

I will def stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

GREAT stay and a wonderful property! Pam and Victoria were very nice and attentive. There was a problem with billing and the issue was resolved immediately.I would recommend to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed July 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great place to stay on your way to grand canyon. Free breakfast in morning to fuel up on drive to the grand canyon. Clean and comfortable rooms. Walmart right next door. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ok, so I'm not always the swimmer, I really really like a good hot tub. HOWEVER, my main complaints about this hotel was that there was no hot tub, and the pool? Well, it was indoor, and pretty small. My daughter and son played in the pool and seemed to enjoy themselves, but the water was too cool for me. The management said it was set at 82 degrees, but that was still too cold for me! ( The thermostat did say 82, though!)

The room itself had 2 nice double beds and a pull out. The bathroom was very large, but had bad lighting. Inside the bathroom was a talk in closte, and I mean walk in. There was a little too much room in there, not sure why the design was what it was, but that closet space was literally about 4x4. The room was nicely decorated, and there was a microwave and refrigerator. My mom complained that the facial tissues were very rough. The pull out bed was separated from the other part of the room with a built in desk area, which was nice.

Breakfast was good, waffles, muffins, toast, cereal, very tasty.

This hotel was a nice stay for us after being at the Grand Canyon for the day, but I was very disappointed that there was no hot tub. With a hot tub, I probably would have rated it a 5.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very nice comfortable rooms. Lots of space. Convenient to i40.

• Stayed June 2012