“Best Burgers in Flagstaff -- and maybe anywhere”
Review of Diablo Burger

Diablo Burger
Ranked #17 of 347 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Best Burgers in Flagstaff -- and maybe anywhere”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I am so happy this place exists, especially in Flagstaff. If you're going to eat meat, this is the kind you should be eating: The patties are all made from fresh, local, range-raised beef from Diablo farms, and holy cow, you can taste the difference. I was a little leery about the teeny little grilled English muffin buns at first, but now I'm a believer: while the flavor of the muffins is actually very nice, they're mainly there as a patty-holder, one that keeps your hands sort of clean while you focus on the yummy, yummy meat. Plus they have an adorable "db" brand on them.

And if you need something else on your beef, they're always coming up with new, neat additions to the burgers: all sorts of fun cheeses and condiments, flame broiled green chilies, thick bacon (though the one with blue cheese is still my fave). I think I even had one with beets on it once. It was excellent. I have never had a bad experience here ... not even a mediocre one. Good ingredients, good service, good people, good company philosophy. What's not to like? Okay, I suppose those seats are kind of uncomfortable. There is that.

To top it off, they have a fantastic beer and soda selection, their herbed fries are out of this world (they use rosemary and anise seed), and they've recently expanded their outdoor seating, so there's a lot more room now. Great addition to the Flagstaff downtown square!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank T0tallytrippin'

Boston, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing burgers”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

All local ingredients. Try the Vitamin B, a burger with beets, blue cheese and bacon. Burger itself was amazing. Fries were delicious, seasoned with rosemary, thyme and garlic. Liked selection of local beers. My only issue was price ($33 for two burgers and 2 beers). But, you pay for the ingredient quality, I suppose! It's also hard to find, but worth it to go!

Visited November 2011
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great burger!”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Quirky place serves excellent burgers and great herb spiced fries. Outside seating looks great, but too cold when we were there. Much emphasis placed on locally sourced ingredients. Draft beer served in plastic cups and throw away cutlery does not fit the image. The general manager says they don't have space for a dishwasher. Their values appear compromised, their food and service (felt overstaffed during my visit) are not!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Top notch burgers”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Outstanding burgers and the fries are unique and awesome. Restaurant doesn't accept credit cards so carry cash but definitely make Diablo Burger a stop on your trip.

• Visited October 2011
Surprise, AZ
“THE BEST BURGER PLACE EVER.....AND I DON'T LIKE HAMBURGERS”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I will admit that I'm not much of a hamburger person. It's never something I crave or order at restaurants. I heard about this place while I was going to Graduate school at NAU this past summer. I was told I HAD to go there. I went with a couple friends, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! I think everyone that goes to Flagstaff should go to this restaurant at least once. The food was AMAZING. They are cash only and only serve burgers and fries, but it's more than worth it to go there!

• Visited July 2011

Been to Diablo Burger? Share your experiences!