“Lovely Hotel with Convenient Location”

Courtyard Flagstaff
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed in the Marriott Flagstaff for one night whilst driving from Chinle to Las Vegas. We arrived in the evening in heavy rain, and the hotel provided a very welcoming sight on a hill at the side of the road. Check in was efficient, and the lady on the front desk suggested we park in the lower car park as it would be quicker to get to the room from our car in the rain. This helpful suggestion saved us getting wet, and was much appreciated.

The room was excellent; comfortable, modern, spacious and very clean. Coffee facilities were provided together with a fridge.

The breakfast buffet - not included in the room rate - was good, with a range of options provided. I did feel that the hours could be extended a little as the staff did start to clear the area at 9:30, which made us feel a little rushed.

The hotel is very conveniently located for restaurants, with a selection very close by, and for the I40. Our only regret was that we were just passing through Flagstaff; we would have liked to explore the area more, and would have loved to have stayed in the Marriott for another night.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so appreciative of your kind comments and we are pleased that our staff helped make your stay enjoyable! We look forward to hosting you when you are back in our area!

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Room is appointed well but details and maintenance need attention. It's difficult to get to (you can see it but can't get there) with almost no signage especially from Woodlands Village Rd. The person at registration spoke way too fast to be understood (former debater?). Sadly no Bistro and didn't want to climb back into the U-Haul so supper was a pot pie in the Market Place microwave. No pull rod for the darkening window shade and the plug ins need to be changed so the cords don't fall out. The room door closer was set so tightly it was extremely hard to open (didn't need to lift weights today, just open and close the door a few times.) Internet difficult to maneuver and slow. breakfast was $13 to make your own. We found a cafe for much less where they cooked for us. Overall the room was clean and beat but the attention to details I expect at a Marriott property were lacking.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our hotel was built and opened in August 2009, shortly after we were bulit was when the Bistro concept was introduced. Since we were a new build they pushed back our Bistro implentation. We expect to receive the Bistro in late 2015.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many Marriott's and in fact, I am a rewards member, which was barely acknowledged when we checked in. The room was okay, but the shower didn't drain properly which we told the front desk. Not sure we would stay here again. The exterior was lovely, though.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank jillstout
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We have double checked the shower in your room and it has been fixed. We will make sure to stress to our staff the importance of our Marriott Reward members and we value your business. We sincerely hope that you will try us again on a future trip to Northern Arizona.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

On traveling across the US from Seattle to Naples, Fla. I made a wrong turn leaving Salt Lake City and spent about 10 plus hrs. driving until we reached Flagstaff, AZ about 9:30 PM at night.
Exhausted and with no reservations we came up on this hotel nestled on the side of a hill. What a gift we were given. My wife went in to see if possibly there were any rooms and the nicest young lady ( Chelsey ) said they had one that we could have - not just anyone, but a suite that was so nice and comfortable, isolated, quite, with some very nice views. Could not of asked for anything else, but then again - Chelsey - gave us the suite for the price of a regular room. The property is very nice and just walking in to the reception area was so relaxing. I can not say enough about our experience with this property - totally a level above! We will be sure to visit again when we travel through Arizona. Thanks for an 'Oasis' on a long a difficult trip!

Room Tip: Suite 107 - Exceptional for this kind of property
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevemathis
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! Chelsey is one of our fabulous font office associates and we will make sur eto pass on your kind words to her! We are so pleased that Chelsey helped make a long day much more enjoyable!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Needed a place to stay and everywhere in Flagstaff was booked. We enjoyed our stay here and were welcomed by the front desk and swiftly checked in. After a 10 hour drive it was nice to have swift service.

Our room was very large with a sofa and huge king bed. It was very spacious. The bathroom was also nice and large for the room. The bed was comfortable and my husband and I both slept soundly. We didn't hear any outside noise and we were near the elevator.

It's also nice that each room has a coffee station with fridge. It made cooling down some water for the next leg in our road trip easy,

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank evarenee

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the comment about comfortability of your bed, we recently upgraded all of our matresses with toppers and are happy to hear our guests are enjoying them!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was booking online through Orbitz and I accidentally clicked the wrong date. The booking clearly says that you will pay the full fee once booked and when I called THE NIGHT OF, Jacob at the front desk was extremely courteous and kind, helping me cancel it so that there was no charge to me! That was not only extremely kind, but definitely above and beyond what is required, since the mistake was on my/Orbitz end and not the hotel's! The staff members at the Courtyard are wonderful ambassadors for Flagstaff, AZ and the Marriott! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for your review on your reservation experiene with us! Jacob is a true gemof the front desk and we wll make sure to pass along your kind words to him!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We arrived at this hotel at 3am, August 2nd after staying at a Courtyard by Marriott in San Digeo for a week on vacation. San Diego hotel was amazing!!! Therefore I didn't read trip advisor when I booked this hotel, which is actually worse than a motel. Upon checkin, we delay with Chris, the "night audit." And I say dealt with because he didn't greet us or anything; I was at the desk and he came around the corner and just looked at me. I said we need to check-in and he asked my name. I did ask him if since we arrived later than planned if we could cancel the breakfast rate, which was just $10 and we knew we would be sleeping through the breakfast times he said no because "I'm the night audit guy and I can't do that." I will say I understand different roles and that maybe he wasn't authorized to do that type of thing but his service skills were less than acceptable. We were given a handicapped accessible room which is NOT what we had a reservation for. Let me also state that we had called much earlier in the day to say we would be arriving early in the am hours. Upon getting to this room after walking on carpet in the building that was disgustingly dirty and stained our room was truly horrible. Upon entering it smelled BAD, like mildew. There was water all over the floor because the shower head wouldn't stop dripping (as there was no tub in this type room) there was black mold, mildew or stains in the tiles in the shower, there were yellow stains on the comforter on one of the beds and things stuck in the carpet that your shoe stuck too. I called the front the see about another room and of course I got the most unpleasant Chris who said, "what do you want me to do come mop up the water and spray some air freshened?" I was quite done with Chris at this time and thanked him for his lack of service and assistance. We just checked out and spoke to the front desk supervisor-a male, that's all I can say about him as well because he had no service recovery skills either. We were not seeking our room to be comped-only for someone in management to apologize for the poor service we received and for the poor perception we now have for that motel like atmosphere. I truly hope others read this....in the hotel and service industry much like everything in society, we ALL have choices and I will tell everyone I know NOT to choose this hotel in Flagstaff, AZ!!!! The exterior of your place appears quite charming but as my 9 yo son said, I guess they put all their money in the outside and don't care about the Rooms and who represents their chain.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Dliver447

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your less then perfect stay with us. Since we are not able to see your information regarding your stay and I asking you to please call the hotel at 928-774-5800 and speak with our General Manager, David. We pride ourselves in giving the upmost customer service and are truly sorry that you had a unpleasant stay with us.