“Nice view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Conyers, Georgia
“Nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

This courtyard has some great views of the mountains around flagstaff. Our check in went smooth and every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. Our room on the second floor was clean & quiet. The fire pit was nice to sit around in the evenings. We did not use the indoor pool, hot tub, or fitness facilities but they all looked great. The only minus I could give is the cost of the breakfast. I would recommend IHOP or other restaurants in the area. I did like the fact that no pets were allowed at this property. This and the reviews on T A were the reason I choose this property. I would recommend to my friends and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I always avoid rooms around the elevators and ice machines
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax around our firepit! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We have been to a lot of marriott properties and are platinum elite members, but our stay has so far been less than perfect. For starters our bed seems very old so it's not very comfortable in comparison to most marriotts we have stayed in. Also there was no safe in the room for our valuables. Not sure what's wrong with the plumbing at the property but last night at 4am we were woken up with banging on the wall.

FYI - Most courtyards offer complimentary breakfast and this one charges a fee so we did opt to eat at a local restaurant. Not sure we could recommend this property based on level of comfort and noise; however the gentleman that checked us in was great.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your stay with us. We are very pleased to announce that we have purchased mattress pads for every bed in the hotel, this will help the mattresses be less firm and appeal to our guests requests for softer beds.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I took a small trip to Flagstaff for a business dinner. When we arrived at 9:30 to Marriott we were exhausted and ready for sleep. They gave us the perfect room because it was the top floor with only one wall sharing with other customers. The room was decent, the TV was in an odd position to watch from bed, but all we wanted was sleep so it was perfect. At 10:30PM a party begins next to us. We could hear every word being said. So, we called down to the front desk and they told us they would take care of it. Nothing changed so until 1:30AM we tried to sleep with the yelling next door. Finally the party ended, but at 5:15AM we were awakened again by to put it nicely, a man and a woman enjoying themselves. By this point we were livid, so we packed up and went to the front desk to explain our frustrations. The boy obviously didn't care and said that we was walking the halls and didn't hear anything. There was a complete disregard for our experience. I would highly recommend not staying at this Marriott.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank LRM1126
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We aplogize that your neighbors did not care about disturbing the guests around them. We will make sure that our staff walk the halls more often to ensure future guests do not have the same issue you did.
South Jordan, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in Flagstaff for leisure and were checked in by Dave whom was one of the nicest and most helpful hoteliers I have encountered.
During our conversation about the sights that we were going to see and wanted to see in the area, Dave suggested we check out the Indian ruins at Walnut Canyon National Monument, this suggestion turned out to be the highlight of our trip. You should check it out if your looking for something cool to see or do.
As far as the room and property it's self:
Pros- the property and rooms were clean and well maintained. The service from every employee we were in contact with was very happy and friendly.
Cons- other reviewers had mentioned, that you could hear the people in the rooms above you and to each side of you, even coughing. We did hear the guests walking, talking and slamming doors. The mattress was very very firm and basic, no pillow top, didn't sleep too well.
The pillows seem to be at the end of their life.
Had it not been for the noise and the uncomfortable bed I would have easily given 4-4.5 stars.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that our General Manager, David helped make your stay an enjoyable one! We understand that our matresses are firm and some guests prefer a softer mattress. We do have mattress toppers available upon request at the front desk. On youe next stay with us, please request one at check in. We look forward to welcoming you back ona future trip to Northern Arizona!
Henderson,nv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This a nice hotel, great location and a very nice property. The room is very large and the indoor pool, a big plus. There is a outdoor fire pit for the cool evenings. But the King bed is the worst bed I have ever slept on. You pay for a weak breakfast buffet $10.95, I still question the value of the breakfast. Over all nice place - But you sleep on a rock, now if you like that this is the place for you

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding the beds. Our beds are firm and not all guests prefer firm beds, we do have matress toppers available if you feel the bed is to firm for your liking. On your next trip to Flagstaff simply request a mattress topper at check in and we will place on your beds to make your stay more enjoyable.
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We were originally booked at another area hotel when I decided to give Priceline a try. We ended up with this property and it was a nice upgrade from where we would have stayed. Room was large and the indoor pool was a plus as we were able to enjoy it after dinner. The only negative for me would be the paper thin walls. I kept telling my niece to stop stomping as she walked but it was clear those above us did not have the same consideration. In addition, we could clearly hear the people in the room next door to us and I did not enjoy having them wake me up at 11:30. We were here for just a night and though we would stay here again, next time I would wear earplugs to sleep.Property was clean and also looks new.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forwar dto welcoming you back on a future trip to Flagstaff!
Cornville, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a very nice hotel, but we had a few issues. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious and comfortable, however the maid service was marginal on the room. While it was basically clean it seems to have been hurriedly done or not checked. There were greasy fingerprints all over the nice wood furniture as if an army of kids had stayed there previously, along with liquid stains down the front of counter below the sink in the 'kitchen' area in the front room. There were also stains on the carpet and couch.

The workout room was nice and well equipped, but there were no towels. We asked for some and they were delivered as we were ready to leave, and were large standard bath towels rather than workout towels.

I agree with some of the other reviews that the beds are exceptionally hard here, I have stayed at many Marriott properties, including Courtyards, and the beds were not thishard. I like a firm mattress but these go too far.

I am a gold rewards member and in my profile I have a standard request for an upper floor-for quiet. I was informed when checking in that the only suites in the hotel were on the ground floor, which is below the main lobby floor, or on the lobby floor, but none were available there. If that is true I can understand that, so I requested at least middle room, as there are busy highways on either side of this hotel. I was checking in at 300 on a Tuesday. I was informed there was only one suite available and it was not in the middle, Suite# 002. To my chagrin when we arrived at the suite it was right on the Highway 89 frontage. The hotel is high enough above the road, the highway noise was there, but not terrible. What was terrible is we were right next to the building exit door, that slammed loudly every time it closed. It did not seem to have a closer on it that worked properly.

When we arrived at the room, the door just pushed open. I discovered that the slide bolt did not always activate once the door was opened. We had a busy agenda and people meeting us, so I did not have time to call maintenance, and I was able to figure out how to mess with it to get it closed, but it required slamming the door to get the dead bolt to slide into the lock and secure the door. From the sound of all the other slamming doors it seemed other people may have had the same problem.

As I originally said, the hotel is basically very nice and attractive, it is a shame that these problems had to mar our visit, and it would seem the staff could have been a little more proactive in securing a room for a gold member paying a full rate, that was not right on the highway, particularly when my profile requested upper floor rooms.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor in the middle of the hotel, as there is a highway on each side. The exit doo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BongoColo
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are pleased tha you enjoyed your stay. We have addressed the housekeeping issud that you mentioned with our Executive Housekeeper and have made sure the issues have been resolved. In regards to the suites, the front desk is correct, we only have 5 suites on property and they are on the ends of the buildings either on the lobby or courtayrd level. The hotel was built with the suites on the ends of the buildings to give the suites plenty of windows and ample lighting. We look forward welcoming you back on a future stay in Flagstaff!