“Visiting Grand Canyon”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Oahu, Hawaii
“Visiting Grand Canyon”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

After three nights at Vegas, we drove four hours to flagstaff Marriott. The check in was smooth and the room is nice clean. However, the wall is quiet thin, I was taken a nap and was awaken by loud kids crying and children running in the hallway. I went to the front desk, and the nice young man at the front desk immediately switched our room to a much quieter room located on the ground floor. I had the rest which I badly needed after three nights of gambling and the four hours driving from Vegas. Plenty of restaurants in the proximity of the hotel, from IHOP, RED Lobster to Oliver garden all are located within walking distance. The next day, we drove to Grand Canyon and it was worth the drive. We appreciate the service provided by the front desk, which really made the difference. Again, our compliment to the management of this establishment for their efforts to make our stay comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful property. Room was big and clean. The pool and hot tub were also very nice. The room was modern with Asian flare the room was bright and beautiful. Nice seating area, and a desk with a pull out work station. The room was very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013
Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Overall, my stay was good. However, when I went home and saw the wrong account was charged for the room. I called to get it resolved. Before I could finish explaining my situation, the front desk person cut me off and proceeded to try to look up my info. Once I was able to finish explaining, he never apologized for the mixup. This was the second time I called. The first ime I called, no apology either. Just a "I can't take care of that, only my manager can," and no further instructions. I shouldn't have to ask to leave a message, the person on the phone should offer. Not a very big thing, but if you're in the customer service business, there are certain procedures that are expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manitoba
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have stayed at this Courtyard before, so I was pretty comfortable booking my family for another weekend's night stay. Much to our dismay, the room we got was filthy! The floor had a big brown stain right between the 2 queen beds that looked like feces trekked all over the place, and there were dried noodles and pieces of meat around the beds! I ended up picking up some of the meat and tossing them in the garbage, and repeatedly told my children to wear their slippers AT ALL TIMES. The bedskirts were stained, but THANK GOD the sheets were clean. The shower liner was also stained, and smelled like it did not dry well (moldy). We checked in late, and did not want to change rooms anymore, so we just decided to stay that one night. I complained to the front desk, and the gentlemen were very apologetic, but it was not as if they could get housekeeping to go to our room to vacuum by that time. This is a newer hotel - how can they let this happen???

Very disappointed this time around. Don't want to come back. I felt like I just wasted my money. The staff were nice and friendly though. My advice? Check the room and the floors before unpacking so you can request for another room if it is unsatisfactory.

Room Tip: Check the room and the floors before unpacking so you can request for another room if it is unsatisf...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hundredacrewoods
USA
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our stay at this property could not have been better. We were welcomed promptly and courteously, given a beautiful, upgraded room, (we are Marriott Elite), and treated well throughout our stay. The staff is friendly and capable. The hotel is quite large, very modern, stylish, and clean.

Our room was very large, well furnished, clean, and comfortable. The hotel lives up to what one comes to expect from Marriott. There is a large, sheltered courtyard with a fire pit that we found a pleasant place to relax in the late afternoon. The pool is small, but clean. The fitness center is adequate. There is nothing not to like about this hotel. We will stay there again. Soon, I hope...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay to go between Grand Canyon and Sedona. Very clean and new, with walkout to courtyard to sit and relax. Lobby has a great lounge area for a nite cap. Staff was very friendly helping with directions.

• Stayed April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We just finished staying for 5 days at this pleasent hotel. I'm a Marriott Elite traveler and had read some negative reviews. I found this to be very much up to Marriott standards. The room was tastefully done, perfectly sized for two. The bed was comfy (like firm beds). The staff was courteous and patient with folks who asked for specfics at breakfast.

You know they put thought into this place as the rooms are very quiet, with no road noise intruding into our sleep. The location is good, with nice access to I-17 and I-40 and just by the university and not far from downtown Flagstaff. The airport is just 10 minutes away. Sedona is less than an hour.

We would happily stay here again and I truly hope we have a reason to go back to 'Flag' and the nice folks who run this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple