“If I could rate zero I would”

Courtyard Flagstaff
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Arizona
“If I could rate zero I would”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was one of the worst stays I have ever experienced. I requested an early check-in. Although I understand that it is not guaranteed, we arrived at 12:30pm and were told by the gentleman working at the front desk to come back in an hour and our room would be ready. We came back an hour later, and he same gentleman said our room was still not ready. I asked why would he tell me to return in an hour then. He stated that early check in was not guarantted but to come back after 3pm, and our room would be ready. I asked to speak to a manager. A nice gentleman by the name of Luiz came to the desk. i explained what happened and typed away on his computer and was able to accomodate us with room 239. We went up to the room and decided to go swimming. We arrived at the pool and there were no towels. My husband went to the fromt desk and the same gentleman told him someone would be right in with towels. 30 minutes went by and still no towels. I noticed a red phone which was suppose to connect to the front desk. I picked it up and heard nothing. I moved the base around and was able to get a dial tone and pressed 0. I reached the front desk and requested towels. I was hung up on. About 10 minutes later the same gentleman appeared with a couple of towels, gave us an awful look, said nothing and dropped the towels on a plastic shelf. We had plans with our children that evening to go on the Polar Express. We didn't arrive back to the hotel until 10pm. When we opened the pullout sofa in our suite I was horrified at the stains on the sheets. I took pictures. The "pullout sofa" was disgustingly filthy and was much smaller than pictured and described. Even the main bed was uncomfortable. Had we not been so exhausted, we would have jumped in our car in the middle of the night and drove home. This was extremely disappointing for a Marriott property. We dined in the morning in the hotel. The staff was rude and never checked on us once. I will never stay at this property again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Twinmom717

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed November 23, 2012

3 night stay in a 2 room sute-

Extremely uncomfortable beds, terrible pillows, no room service, no pay per view, they advertise a restaurant but it is only for breakfast and only until 930am each day.

We stayed 3 nights , but the bed was so uncomfortable that we almost left after the first night. Very hard bed...like sleeping on the floor.. Not exaggerating here...the worst bed I have ever slept on.

Also the website advertises that they have cribs and pack and plays...they do not.
They only have small pack and plays with hard wood bottoms... I am so glad we brought our pack and play with us for my daughter to sleep in because she never would have slept on that.

Service was good from everyone except the girl who checked us in. She rushed us through in a big hurry...basically said here are your keys and that she was by herself and they will take care of payment when we check out. Didn't even tell us how to get to the room or give us a map of the hotel. She ddn't tell us about breakfast, or checkout, or anything that you would normally be told when you check into a hotel. We had to ask all of the questions..

Positives - good location, good water pressure, hotel looks nice on the outside and has a nice lobby and courtyard

Overall...would not recommend. Definitely not worth the $159 a night that we paid.
It could have been and should have been better. Dont be fooled by the outside and the "newness" of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank beth0603
Derby, Kansas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a "NEW" hotel. It is fresh, clean and well maintained. The rooms are well appointed with free wifi that actually works. The front desk has professional employees that are eager to help.

A plus for us since we were pulling a trailer - there is an Olive Garden restaurant just a few steps away. If you are looking for different food and beverage - the hotel has a van to take you and pick you up if you choose not to drive. I would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Springville
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Top notch hotel at a very reasonable price. The service was very good. My only complaint was the position of the TV. It was perfect for watching from the comfortable couch, but not for watching from the bed. But to complain about something as minor as this would be knit picking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I were there in mid Oct 2012 and stayed 2 nights - en route to Grand Canyon. Typical Courtyard - clean, efficient and relatively modern (definitely no frills). Room was large and OK - but the mattress was really too hard but to properly sleep...

Would likely not go back - and select another property instead just because of the bed. Ah well...

Room Tip: This is not a big hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leanbureaucrat
Truckee, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay in Flagstaff about every other month for business. First time I have stayed here and I will continue. Friendly staff, rooms were nice, decent breakfast and nice large outdoor area with a gazebo. I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Big, bright rooms, but dusty, a bit smelly. Good location. Very slow elevator, required a lot of walking. Parking was included, breakfast not. We expect more from a hotel, especially for this price. Staff was unmotivated.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family