“Nice and new, but just ok experience”

Courtyard Flagstaff
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Saratoga, California
“Nice and new, but just ok experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel looked very nice, it must be new. We were only there one time and had to time to really look around, but all the common areas were impressive. Our room was fine, new and nicely appointed. When we arrived no luggage carts were available, so we had to wait quite a while before we could bring our bags in. Annoying.
BEWARE: Marriott status does NOT matter! Even though we are Platinum, we received none of the perks. We had requested extra towels, but they were not aware of that or any of our requests.
My kids took a shower together and were singing and playing, and the lobby called us saying we were being too loud (it was around 7pm)...really?!
I personally would not stay there again, I'd go to a hotel where our status matters.

Room Tip: On the first floor, in case the luggage cart is not available.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice stay great staff near all the amenities in Flagstaff. Comfortable rooms some great views of mountains. Will stay there again. Nice breakfast and good bar staff. Easy to find and near a lot of nice amenties

Stayed October 2012
Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was in Flagstaff for NAU's parent's weekend and wasn't originally going to go on Friday. Booked the room late and through Expedia. Only was able to stay here one night. The room was nice and large. Had a pull out love seat which worked, because my son ended up staying the night with us. We liked the hotel, the only problem was we must have been close to the entry door for our floor and all night the door slammed shut. They might think about doing something to the door so you don't hear it all night. It was a busy night! Other than that, it was pretty nice.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the entry door to the hall you are in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came from Phoenix for a gymnastics meet. The hotel staff was super friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. It is right next door to an Olive Garden and Red Lobster and directly across the street is a “Freddy’s frozen custard” shop not to mention a Walmart so, dining and last minute “things I forgot” were pretty easy to access. The rooms were clean and nice. BUT, the one and only complaint that both my husband and I had…. The pillows! It was like someone put a sheet in a pillowcase, spun it around a few times and stuck it on the bed!!! We both woke up many times through the night trying to get ‘comfortable’ and each had a crick the next morning. We will absolutely be back next time we want a nice get-a-way in the high country but, we will have our own pillows in tow!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This place is very clean and nice. Good to stay to way to Grand Canyon. It could be little cheaper. If the deal is good, I don't think you would regred. Please read some of lower rate reviews such as noise of ice machine. I myself have not seen any problem. I recommend this place to stay one night or maybe 2.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly. Room mostly clean. Bed comfortable.
TV station listing was for a different service provider because none of the station numbers matched. Took forever to find Fox News. TV built into desk. Even though it could be rotated, screen was not fully visible from both sides of bed.

When left room first day, we left cracker crumbs on the table in front of TV. Still there when returned to room along with accumulated dust.

Carpeted stairwells not vacuumed. Noticed that the tiled area that runs from the breakfast eating area to the elevators had not been cleaned (coffee drips).

Bathroom clean, we'll lighted and supplied.

There are several other Marriott properties in area that appear fairly new.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lied to.. and then treated like a 2nd class citizen.. Marriott staus not important.. complaints not important.. 100% lies.. the Guy who checked me in was very eager and offered me a rate of 118 per night.. I then asked for a lower rate and he started looking.. it was late and Flagstaff was empty.. so I was looking for a rate under 100 but tried the Marriott 1st because they are good nd clean and offer points and advantages to members and I am platinum (whatever that means) so he then said 108 dollars but with 2 queens not one king for 2 nights.. I said great as I was going to shoot up to the Grand Cnyon for the day.. No such luck as when they slid the paper invoice under the door at 5am.. it said 121 for only one night

when I went to complain they said it was 121 because of some AAA rate and if I was staying another night it would be 149. So I am now franticly packing and trying to find another hotel for my meeting tomorrow.. so much for the Grand Canyon.. thanks COurtyard Flagstaff and thank you Marriott!!.. regardless of points my preference for Marriott is gone.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business