“Just Ok”

Courtyard Flagstaff
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Just Ok”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly. Room mostly clean. Bed comfortable.
TV station listing was for a different service provider because none of the station numbers matched. Took forever to find Fox News. TV built into desk. Even though it could be rotated, screen was not fully visible from both sides of bed.

When left room first day, we left cracker crumbs on the table in front of TV. Still there when returned to room along with accumulated dust.

Carpeted stairwells not vacuumed. Noticed that the tiled area that runs from the breakfast eating area to the elevators had not been cleaned (coffee drips).

Bathroom clean, we'll lighted and supplied.

There are several other Marriott properties in area that appear fairly new.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lied to.. and then treated like a 2nd class citizen.. Marriott staus not important.. complaints not important.. 100% lies.. the Guy who checked me in was very eager and offered me a rate of 118 per night.. I then asked for a lower rate and he started looking.. it was late and Flagstaff was empty.. so I was looking for a rate under 100 but tried the Marriott 1st because they are good nd clean and offer points and advantages to members and I am platinum (whatever that means) so he then said 108 dollars but with 2 queens not one king for 2 nights.. I said great as I was going to shoot up to the Grand Cnyon for the day.. No such luck as when they slid the paper invoice under the door at 5am.. it said 121 for only one night

when I went to complain they said it was 121 because of some AAA rate and if I was staying another night it would be 149. So I am now franticly packing and trying to find another hotel for my meeting tomorrow.. so much for the Grand Canyon.. thanks COurtyard Flagstaff and thank you Marriott!!.. regardless of points my preference for Marriott is gone.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jlhrox
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for one night on our way up to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is in a great location, attractive both inside and out, and the staff is pleasant. Although I'm a Marriott Rewards member with high status, no mention was made at check in. Not a big deal, just not usual. We were given a room on the second floor but finding it was a bit of a challenge as you have to go down a corridor and around a corner on the first floor to get to the tucked away elevators. We encountered other people who seemed to be turned around as well.

Our room, unfortunately, was directly across from the elevators and the ice machine. Now, I know someone has to get that room, and at any other hotel I would be disappointed but understand. However, considering my status with Marriott I really would expect a little more consideration for my loyalty than giving me the worst room on the floor. Luckily we were only there for one night, because between the noise from people on and off the elevators and the constant ice machine I don't think I could have handled another. The room itself was very nice and interestingly laid out with a small sitting area. The beds are very comfortable, there was a small fridge, and a normal size bathroom (although a bit lacking on the toiletries.) But the drain in the sink as well as in the shower were both broken. Sink took forever to drain and the shower left you standing in water.

The air conditioning/heat in the room is an issue. It seems like they tried to go high tech with a digitized thermostat panel, however it does not work properly. We had it set on auto temperature and it kept clicking on and off constantly so we decided to put it on cool . Still clicked on and off. Then we put the fan on as well, still clicked on and off. We would have liked to drown out the noise of the hallway with the ac running but no option on there leaves it running constantly.

Ultimately, I think its a nice hotel that we ended up having a few issues with. If I ever made my way back to Flagstaff I might stay again, considering what else is available there, but I would definitely be specific on which room I got. It was also a bit pricey for what it was.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

well just arrived after long drive from tucson az booked hotel though priceline.com $80 ! found staff on reception friendly ( he was from our startin point uk !) room was clean and has all you should need bar prices were high ! we didnt have breakfast as it was extra and we had to leave early for knab via vegas ! and zion nat park !!! bookd royal inn and suits in knab through priceline.com only place avalable at $40 ????? dont know what to expect !

california
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Nice property - unfortunately the internet service is not up to the task.

Spent a lot of wasted time with front desk and ethostream support but ended up having to use my hotspot.

Too bad will not be back.

Room Tip: Be prepared for bad internet service
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Modern large hotel on the outskirts of Flagstaff
Room was modern and adequatly furnished with one wardrobe tv desk and sofa. Fridge but no microwave
Large and modern batbroom
There is a nice pool and fitness room with sundeck outside
Breakfast $9.95 was served in the courtyard cafe but unless you like your eggs like rubber, best find a Dennys
Dont be fooled(as we were) by the hotel's info booklet about snacks are available in the Market
24/7 as this is just an couple of snack machines which had not been refilled serving soft drinks and chocolate bars

• Stayed September 2012
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on a recent Southwest road trip. We paid $97 each night. We were only originally scheduled for one night and showed up a day early and they could easily accommodate us and match our rate.

The hotel is really nice! I have traveled a lot and I really liked this Marriott. The lobby is really nice. It offers a buffet breakfast but you have to pay for it so we didn't do it. The rooms were really nice. We had a king room and the bed faced the window which made the whole room seem larger. We also had a fridge and a living room area. My only complaint was that our AC unit was quite loud when it would turn on and off. We should have mentioned it but we didn't because it wasn't a huge deal.

The bathrooms were really nice and the rooms were clean. It was definitely above average for a Courtyard or other hotels of this level.

The hotel is located near a few chain restaurants (within walking distance), short driving distance to many more restaurants, and about a 7-10 minute drive from downtown Santa Fe. It is right near the highway so it is very convenient.

I would highly recommend this hotel to people traveling through Flagstaff!

1 Thank goldengirl217