“Great place to stay”

Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Fort Worth
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We had a great stay here. I liked the clock radio, because it had the built-in noise machine. I specifically requested a quieter room at check-in. They told me that they try to keep children on one side of the hotel. I'm glad I asked. Our room was very quiet. We did not try the breakfast. (I wish that I had tried it though. We ate at another place that was very disappointing.) The room was very clean. The staff was nice.

Room Tip: They try to keep children on one side of the hotel. If you want to be away from children, request a...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Phoenix
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I came into town for NAU parent orientation. I have never stayed at this property and was excited as I always am for a new experience. My check in process was the shortest ever and accurate, having booked via telephone.

The room is so lovely, red and yellow walls,, white bedding, botanical prints. If that sounds girly, it is not. The entire room is well thought space. Loved the refrigerator and free Internet. My room was very quiet and I slept very well on the wonderful mattress. I love all the pillows!

Had breakfast the next morning and although it was prepared well, the entire meal was cold when it reached the table.

Even with that in mind, I would still stay here again! The cleanliness and overall loveliness of the room has won me over!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We booked this room through Priceline's "name your own price." We got it for $80/nt, a significant savings off their $139/nt rate. Immediately after booking, I called to request adjoining rooms because I was traveling with my 4 kids. I was told to.call the day before check-in to make the request. I did that. After a huge runaround, I was finally guaranteed adjoining rooms. However, when I.got there, I was told my room.had been given away and my kids would now be a few rooms down from me. The clerk ended up getting us rooms next to.each other; however, I was so frustrated by the entire experience that I will probably need stay at a Courtyard again. If they don't want Priceline customers, why do they boom through them???

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank jenjennijennifer
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and mother-in-law and I stayed here (total of two rooms) for a short weekend trip, along with a day trip to the Grand Canyon. This is the nicest hotel in Flagstaff for the price. It's in a convenient part of town near the University and near a lot of other hotels and restaurants. The hotel is built in a mountain lodge-type style and is really cute. The lobby is inviting and the customer service of the staff was great. Our room was amazingly comfortable. The rooms are decorated very tastefully and modern with lots of nice touches, like a flatscreen tv, mini-fridge, sofa and coffeetable. It was very quiet and extremely clean. The ONLY drawback of this hotel is that they don't offer a free continental breakfast. Instead they offer a paid breakfast buffet. I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so I prefer having a free, light breakfast. Other than that, everything else was top notch. I will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Flagstaff!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wanderlust817
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Reservation process was excellent. Made original res online @ Marriotthotels.com. Worked with the Flagstaff property’s front desk clerk, Wayne, who was knowledgeable, accommodating, and extremely personable.

Arrived at the property and was immediately impressed with the aesthetics of the building. Parking was adequate and convenient.

The lobby and bar areas were nicely decorated and inviting. The temperature and lighting added to the pleasant atmosphere of the space. It was a definite plus to have an area for complimentary guest internet access and printing capability. Checked out the pool area and the fitness center, both of which seemed well maintained. Everything in the public areas, including the stairwells, looked and felt fresh and clean.

Our room was delightfully appointed, with interesting wallpaper and nice decorative touches. The beds were comfortable. The bath was sparkling. Everything worked perfectly, with the only issue being the air conditioner, which rattled enough to make getting to sleep difficult. However, we learned that opening the sliding door to the balcony instead to let in cool air, did just as well and was a quieter alternative. Housekeeping services were prompt and professional.

The lobby area has numerous tables and chairs to use if one is buying breakfast there (abour $10), or just having complimentary coffee in the morning. The bar has about 6 stools, but guests can use the chair groupings as well.

The property is conveniently located across the street from a WalMart and a Basheers super market. There is an Olive Garden and a Red Lobster within walking distance down the street, and many other eating options close by car. You are less than a mile from the 89A (to Sedona) and the 17 Freeway, so getting to the activity/tourist centers is easy.

Use AAA membership or senior status for a discount on the rates. Marriott also has a Rewards (loyalty) program than can eventually get you special pricing. Of course, it never hurts to just ask for a better rate when you check in.

Try this hotel....you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I booked my stay 2 months in advance and was given what must have been the worst room on the 3rd Floor. It was directly across from the ice machine and elevators. A large gap between the door and door frame of the room let me hear every hallway sound with amazing clarity. (Not a bonus). If I was a last minute booking then I would accept such a poorly placed room, but not when the reservation was completed many weeks in advance.

In addition, the pipes in the wall of the bathroom banged loudly every time the water was turned on and continued to bang after the water was shut off. Not sure why a modern hotel has this problem? The bathroom floor was sticky and covered with a large variety of human hairs.

Overall the stay was awful and definitely over-priced.

Room Tip: Avoid room 317!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank BWPHOTO34
San Diego, CA
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is the second courtyard I've stayed in and I have to admit, for the money there doesn't seem to be a better value. Now I may be unpleasantly surprised later, but the newly built courtyards both in Flagstaff AZ and Austin TX have been top notch.
Nice rooms, comfortable beds, free internet, high tech workout facilities, excellent and reasonably priced breakfast.
Really an excellent choice for choosy business travelers, but also leisure travelers looking for high tech comforts of home.
Some cool things about this hotel:
- Remote printing from your room to the printer in the business center.
- Touchscreen big screen TV in the lobby with all sorts of cool information and maps
- Workout facility with LCD TV's built into every separate piece of equipment
- Free internet (please note bigger hotels, no free internet is a deal-breaker)
- Clean, modern rooms
Some downsides
- No safe in the room
- No microwave (although there was a fridge, I would say one is useless without the other)
- LCD TV a bit small (is this even a valid complaint?) and cable not so sharp (i'm kind of an audio visual snob)

Room Tip: upper floor away from elevators are always good
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple