“Styrofoam Fiesta!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Styrofoam Fiesta!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good, fresh, cheap Mexican fast food. Locally owned and operated. Tamales excellent. Salsa excellent. Rice made with chicken stock which sucks for vegetarians. Way better than Chipotle across the street except there's no emphasis on local or organic ingredients. Whether its to go or to stay you will eat on styrofoam too. But despite that, this is my favorite Mexican in flagstaff on the west side at least.

Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Every Friday Since Day 1”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I don't remember when exactly Oscar opened this place (13 years ago or so) but I, and then my family and I, have been eating here at least once a week since it opened. If we go on vacation, it's the last place we eat before we leave and the 1st place we eat when we get back. All the tacos are great. Love the shredded beef. My wife and I agree that their ice-cream is the best value desert in town (no one orders this which is their loss). I could eat mexican every day and their rice is the best in town. Their hot-sauce is spicy and flavorful. Prices are reasonable but on the high-side for counter-order mexican in AZ. My family (2 adults/2 kids) will spend $25 (no drinks but w/ ice-cream). If you like bland, boring, forgettable mexican food (Chipolte and the like) look elsewhere. Tomorrow's Friday and typing this my mouth is watering.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Pappa Q
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Nasty”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Friends rave about this place. I have eaten food from there twice and it was absolutely disgusting both times. I ordered a green pork burrito, and the meat looked like it was some kind of canned ham. Don't waste your time here!

Arizona
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've been coming here since Oscar opened the place (way before he was brave enough to put his own name on it). Don't live in Flagstaff any more, but whenever I make my way up the mountain, I stop in. Oscar and his staff are incredibly friendly. I love the shrimp tacos. Some of the best I've ever had! Daughter's a veggie burro fan and son loves the cheese or chicken quesadilla. Prices have gone up a bit since I remember, but it's still worth it!

• Visited April 2012
Northern Arizona
“best fast food in Flag”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

For fast mexican, Oscar's is the best. Everything is fresh, the burritos are big enough for 2 meals, the quesadillas are great, the horchata is awesome and you can't beat the price.

• Visited March 2012