“Trains All Night”

Ramada Flagstaff East
Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I appreciated the hotel, the free internet, and breakfast included (with a lot of choices). The only problem is that trains travel continuosly, and make a lot of noise. Sleeping has been quite difficult because of this.
Consider the west ramada, maybe that zone is much more quiet.

Stayed: August 2008

Reviewed August 21, 2008

I regret booking this hotel. The reason I booked this hotel is about the Brand name - Ramada. However, it now looks that the comments in tripadvisor are much more convincing. Its low popularity shows everything. Fortunately, I have only stayed here for a night.

I checked in at 10:00p.m., after visiting the Grand Canyon. My first impression towards the front desk staff was not very good indeed. No smile, lack of politeness. When he asked me to fill-in the car registration number in the form, I told him that it was from Car rental - Hertz and hence I could not remember the number. he replied stony that "You need to fill-in.' Before coming to this Ramada hotel, I stayed in another Ramada in LA for 3 days, it also had the same form for me to fill-in. After explaining to the staff that I did not remember the number, he just asked me to copy the ID number. It was more helpful and flexible. However, this Flagstaff Ramada did not have any flexibility.

I had no choice but ran to car park to see the car number. My wife was still in the front desk and witnessed that the staff kept waiting unpatiently. He knocked the desk and sighed in front of my wife. Apparently he was showing discontent. I wonder if this can be called as service. When I came back and apologized for keeping him waiting. He had no response. Was I so wrong that he would not forgive my fault? To me, the check-in process is somehow like an interrogation. He was an officer while I was a criminal. In fact, was I a customer indeed?!

The room is not clean. There are lots of stains on bedsheet and pillow sheet. The facilities were good but not well-maintained. Perhaps I over-estimated it because of the brand name.

The breakfast room is too small. I could not find a seat to have breakfast. I can only take the food and go back to room.

I am afriad the only good thing I can think about this hotel is the large carpark. That's it! There are a lot of hotels/motels nearby. I will definitely take the others for the next time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ianyHongKong
Reviewed July 26, 2008

We walked into the lobby that had a very strong cleaning agent smell. First thought was what are they trying to hide!
They checked us in a room that was already booked-or I guess not clean yet. yuk...My husband went a got us another room and that seem to be good enough. Best thing about this hotel was the bed-very comfortable. Trains didnt really bother us- we had a group of young kids staying, a little loud around the pool but after 9:00 pm it was quiet. Not sure if I would stay again-breakfast was okay- The price was good- check around, there's alot of hotels in Flagstaff-

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2008

You will love this hotel if you love trains. That is blowing their horns every hour ALL night long. The hotel doesn't really care about the property either. Dead grass. Dirty tile in bathroom. The faucet actually fell off in the shower so I left it. When we came back after a Grand Canyon day, the maid had put it on the edge of the tub but didn't have it fixed. The breakfast was very weak. NO FRUIT. Just cereal and bagels. Overall, I wouldn't even think of staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Nice, large rooms. The beds were very comfortable.

Easy access off and on the interstate.

The internet was down...they are in the process of remodeling.

It looked like the breakfast was decent...we got downstairs towards the end so it was pretty much picked over. The dining area was messy...someone needed to be wiping down the counters where the food was...it looked a little gross!!! from other people making messes and not cleaning up after themselves.

Easy check in and check out!

Good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We just needed somewhere to stay one night off the freeway. It was a decent room. The internet wasn't working which was one of the reason we stayed here. You could stay at any hotel in Flagstaff and be near town though. When I was researching online I was not too sure where to
choose, but you would be safe at pretty much any motel/hotel there.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 8, 2007

The hotel is very convenient-- near the freeway and less than a 5 minute drive to downtown Flagstaff. We took a cab a night to the bars downtown and it cost $7.50 one way.

We could tell the hotel was recently remodeled. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean with new furniture.

There was a nice, free breakfast that included coffee, juice, cereal,
bagels, pastries, and toast.

The walls were a little thin. We could hear people walking along the outside corridor, but we didn't have problems sleeping. There was no train noise, which we found out could be a problem in other hotels around town.

The room had TV with 50 channels and HBO. It was not 5 Star, but for the price ($80) we were very satisfied. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends