“Flagstaff's Slumlord: Sunny Tewar”

Ramada Flagstaff East
Ranked #54 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Baltimore, MD
“Flagstaff's Slumlord: Sunny Tewar”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Lucky Lane? Hardly! Why was this experience so horrible? The nasty staff? No; The fact that the shower handle fell off into the tub? No; The smell? Not even that! It was the fact that we were so tired, that we didn't check TripAdvisor before staying at this hole.

WiFi was so bad that we quit trying to use it. We could not shower at all. The front desk seemed more scared (because they were forced to work for such a dishonest, unscrupulous manager) than uncaring...but they still didn't care. I handed the bag containing the parts to the shower handle to a girl named Alyssa, and her nonchalant attitude gave me the sense that this happened all the time. I asked what the hotel planned to do about my bill, you know, still thinking that this place was sort of like a REAL hotel. She then told me she would do nothing for me. I would have to call her boss.

So I tried 2 emails, and 3 telephone calls to Sunny Tewar. All were ignored. It wasn't until I read other TA posts, that I realized I was screwed, and that horrible customer service, inflated prices and the complete absence of integrity are the ways that business is conducted in this dump. My daughter and I had driven from Maryland, and my anger and disgust could hardly be described. But our attitudes changed when we saw the sun rise on the beautiful rocks of Sedona.

This unscrupulous innkeeper may think I'm just another in a long line of suckers, but until I receive satisfaction, neither I, nor my family will EVER deal with another Ramada Inn.

Thanks to TripAdvisor, travelers

Room Tip: Are you serious?
1 Thank ChipTheTeacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Westfield, MA
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We drove from Vegas to Flagstaff for a trip to the Grand Canyon the next day. It was just one night so I reserved a room at this hotel even though it looked old. I wasn't disappointed. It was very dated and old. The carpet was worn and the beds were extremely uncomfortable. The staff was nice enough. We went out to dinner and when we came back everything was black. I thought there was a power outage until I realized that all the surrounding buildings were lit. I went to the front desk and they told me the maintenance man was new and didn't know where the fuse box was! Long story short, we waited about 45 minutes and still no power. I went back to the front desk and she offered me to set my family and I up at their sister hotel, Executive Inn and Suites for the same rate. So we packed up and went to their sister hotel.... see my review of that hotel!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Room was very very nice,renovated!More than 2 choices for breakfast which is great!Close to downtown and 1 min of drive from grocery store.Reception desk clerk was super friendly and helpful.Only thing i really don't like is location of the pool,right next to the cars at the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel the end of August. We drove from Phoenix. Our room was on the third floor, you walk up from the back. This hotel is a little hard to find, it is behind other hotel on Luck lane. We were only there one night. We chose this hotel because of their big feather beds, because we arrived after a red eye fight to Phoenix and the 3 hour drive. The rooms were average, and we got a good rest.

Room Tip: Room faced road, but we slept fine.
Idaho
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at this motel during our stay in Flagstaff. Room is dated, which would be fine if it were clean. The bed skirts were stained. Some of the bathroom tile was missing. The grout in the shower was dirty. If you want air in the room it has to run all night. And the location isn't the best. It's on the outskirts of town and nearly impossible to get to from the main street it's on. Unfortunately we had prepaid for 2 nights or we would have moved after the first night. We will definitely find a different place to stay on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank cmjinidaho
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Poorly trained front desk staff, horrible costumer service, noise like you wouldn't believe (trains, semi's/buses backing up every five minutes...beep beep beep...). We couldn't stand it, decided to leave in the middle of the night since we weren't going to sleep anyway.

1 Thank G C
Phoenix
Reviewed August 2, 2012

faucets falling off in hand, desk nailed to wall, now wifi, juice machine only had 2 of 4 juice working, parking lot has huge pot holes and the staff is miserably due to all the complaints. it is time to put the old lady out of her miserably.

Room Tip: go to the holiday inn next door or Ramada Inn - West ....it is a really Ramada Inn
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple