Tripadvisor
Flagstaff

“Eat here!”

Cornish Pasty Company
Ranked #62 of 378 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Description: The Cornish pasty (pronounced “pastee”) is a nourishing, and cleverly devised, handheld meal, its heritage is closely associated with the miners from the Cornwall, the rugged peninsula in the southwest of England. The Cornish Pasty Company serves a quality meal, made from scratch and prepared with the freshest of ingredients in . Our restaurant is located in Downtown FLagstaff, just a few steps away from the Historic Route 66. Our restaurant is a welcoming place to drop in with friends, grab a pint of local beer, shoot some pool and, maybe if they are really good friends, share a bite of your Cornish pasty!
Reviewed August 9, 2019

My partner and I order way more food than we're going to eat because we like to try a bunch of things and also like to have leftovers. Tonight we had the Oggie pasty, the Plowman's Plate, the cauliflower and broccoli bake, and the meatball appetizer.

The pasties here are better than usual. Great crust, generous fillings, and served with several sauce choices.

The meatballs are wrapped in bacon and served with onions, croutons, and a ridiculously delicious mustard gravy.

The broccoli cauliflower bake is super cheesy and enough for three servings. The veggies were slightly al dente and not cooked into mush.

The star of the show was the Plowman's Dinner. It's an enormous platter of ham, roast beef, fresh baked bread, crudites, fresh fruit, three different English cheeses, a hard boiled egg, and we added a Scotch egg as well. You also get pickled onions, a terrific chutney, honey mustard dipping sauce, and butter. This is a full meal for two hungry people, easy. And at $18 it's a great value, too.

The inside seating is pubby, with large group tables or you can share like they do in Europe (there are also two-tops if you don't want to sit with strangers). There is patio seating as well. They have beers from all over the world, several on tap. We only glanced at the wine list but there seemed to be a good variety.

We really enjoyed our meal and look forward to returning!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (58)

Reviewed July 7, 2019

Great food and drinks. The staff is the best. The red haired girl who sings while prepping was a highlight.

Would repeat.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

We stopped in at The Cornish Pasty Co for lunch when there was an hour wait at the Lumberjack Brewery across the street. What a lucky break for us! This comfy place has an extensive selection of every type of meat and veggie pie you can imagine. We opted for the Lamb Vindaloo pasty and the Chicken Pot Pie pasty. Both came with gravy or tasty sauces. Really meaty, tasty and savory. A unique menu and a refreshing change from just another burger place. Oh, and a really nice patio for outside dining, as well!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2019

Went to Cornish Pasty for lunch. Wow, what a tasty Pasty. I ordered the The Oggie which came with Steak, potato, onion, and rutabaga (swede) with a side of red wine gravy or ketchup($10). Another ordered the Pesto Chicken which came with Marinated chicken breast, portobello, artichoke, fresh mozzarella and pesto with a side of marinara($12). Both pasty were very tasty and large portions. Be prepared to wait as your pasty is freshly prepared and baked(20min). There was enough that we took 1/2 back with us for dinner the next day. The place was not crowded at all for lunch when we went.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 13, 2019

My grandmother, mother, and wife make Cornish Pasties, but it was, and is too infrequent; though I had one tonight.

Countless recipes abound as "authentic", and none matches my grandmothers filling, and none matches my wife's crust.

When I discovered this restaurant in Flagstaff, I had to go, and I was not disappointed. They serve numerous varieties, but I had to have the original.

The crust was lighter than what I'm used to, but that made it much easier to eat with a fork. The filling was good, but had too much of a spice I don't recall. It was not offensive, it was just more than I like. Overall, the pasty was a very good, and if in Flagstaff again, will try another variety.

Well worth the trip, and visit for a real pasty.

Date of visit: April 2019

Been to Cornish Pasty Company? Share your experiences!