“Great Breakfast, Need More Servers!”
Review of Western Gold Restaurant - CLOSED

Western Gold Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Silver Pine Restaurant and Bar, a modern Flagstaff eatery embracing traditional roots. Enjoy casual ambiance and a full menu of Little America Hotel favorites.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Breakfast, Need More Servers!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great value, tasty breakfast. The Dining Room needs a lot of work starting with a manager who is able to handle challenges. I had several tables of small groups throughout the dining room. One table of 4 waited over an hour for their meal. We understand things can get busy and the kitchen can get in the weeds, but ignoring customers and walking away is not professional. We would give them another try sometime but if you don't have a lot of time to spare in the morning, I would skip breakfast at the hotel.

Visited July 2014

“This restaurant is way underrated!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Little America Hotel, which houses this restaurant. We read the reviews and thought we would try it for dinner, especially because it was convenient. The service was good. The food was great. We happened to be at the restaurant on a Sunday, which is their all-day happy hour. I ordered a strawberry margarita, and it was delicious! There were a lot of great kids' meal choices. The atmosphere was nice, with the windows looking out into the wooded areas of the property. The restaurant was a little higher priced than most restaurants in the area, but it was well worth it.

• Visited June 2014
Sun City West, Arizona
“Very good happy hour; great dinner”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had been here for happy hour before, which has reasonable drinks and appetizers specials. The dining area has a lot of glass, so you feel like you are sitting directly among the pine trees.
Yesterday we finally tried the full dinner menu. House specialties are turkey and trout; the trout was really excellent and reasonably priced. The hotel Little America is very well located just off Highway 40. If you are staying at the hotel, obviously a good choice. If you are in town or passing through, also worth a visit for a satisfying meal in a traditional setting.

• Visited July 2014
V
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We picked the western gold because we were staying at the Hotel and the reviews were decent. We waited to be seated because no one was at the hostess desk not because others were waiting. We couldn't sit in the booth we asked for even though no one was seated there. Instead we were given a small table across from the Windows even though there were empty tables at the Windows. We waited to be asked for drink orders and then we waited to be asked for our order. We were not told what the specials were,. We got our soup and salad, my husband ordered an appetizer for his main course and it came with his soup and my salad. His salad was delivered with my main course which was my what I ordered. So I waited again for my chicken. We were not given a roll or bread I guess you had to ask. Finally we were given the wrong check. My food was okay but not great.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lms1950
“Great Pork Porterhouse”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

TA reviews were middle of the road but we didn't feel like going out of the hotel so we gave it a try and we were not disappointed. Great Pork Porterhouse! Rest was also very good but Porterhouse was one of the best items I've ever had!

1 Thank Tate B