Tripadvisor
Flagstaff
All reviews the main house honeymoon cabin wood burning living room thoroughly enjoyed our stay hogan property pets
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2019

This is an adequate place to stay. We have stayed at better cabins/treehouses in other areas. For the price, I thought they would be a little more updated. I have never had to take my trash to the dumpster after leaving at any place I have stayed. The mattress in our cabin is old so you feel the springs. No TV in the cabin, but I take responsibility for that for not doing more research. Just never occurred to me that there wouldn't be a TV. I wrote a review previously, and I have never seen the owner comment. Doesn't seem like she has commented on any reviews for quite a while.

Date of stay: September 2019
Mary B, Owner at Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Hi Lisa - I'm so sorry for my slow responses! Honestly, I didn't see these reviews. I'm not sure if you stayed with us twice or if you just reviewed us twice as I couldn't determine which reservation(s) is yours. We have found over the years if we ask guests to dump their trash, guests tend to leave the cabins in better overall condition which helps in keeping our overall cleaning costs down. Most guests seem not to mind, but those that don't want to take it out, well they don't and that's fine too. We do replace the mattresses on a regular basis and Cabin 5's has been replaced. We purposely don't have TV's and overall I think many folks appreciate it. It is posted on our Web site and i'ts part of our script when verbally confirming reservations, "There are no TV's or phones in the cabins, but we do have Wifi." We purposely do not provide paper towels to reduce waste, but we do provide a dish towel and are happy to give you as many of those as you'd like. Also, there are bath mats in all the bathrooms, so you don't have to step out onto a slippery floor. (Some of my response is based on your previous comments.) Again, my apologies for my delayed response. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Let me start this by saying we have stayed in several cabins and treehouses in several states, and this is how I am basing my review. All the places we have stayed before were about the same price or less, but the amenities were much better. The kitchen was adequate, but you need to bring your own paper towels. I have also never stayed anywhere that I had to take my own trash to the dumpster when I left.

We stayed in Cabin 5, the "Honeymoon Cabin." The bathtub/shower is adequate, but a little hard getting in and out of. The "steps" placed beside it are fine getting in, but getting out when feet are wet is asking for someone to slip and fall.

The mattress is obviously old. We could feel the springs.

Overall, the cabin is adequate. There is no TV, but I didn't research that specifically so I take responsibility for that. I just have never stayed at a cabin or treehouse that didn't have a TV, so it never occurred to me to check into that.

The setting itself it nice, but you do hear the airplanes taking off. For the price, I probably wouldn't stay here again. That is based on the other cabins/treehouses I have stayed in before.

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

We reserved a cabin here for mid October. Got a call today to "verify our details". We need gave our number of guests and mentioned we were traveling with cats. That presented a problem and the very gracious young lady said she had to consult the owner. She called back shortly and asked if my cats were declawed! They are not of course. Then she asked if we could guarantee that they would not get on the furniture! Again of course not! So she apologized and asked me to cancel my reservation. The website is very misleading.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello - we do make exceptions from time to time to allow cats. (This is on our Web site under FAQ's.) Unfortunately, we've had past experiences where cats have caused quite a bit of damage which understandably has made us a bit leary. We've had to replace carpets and had cushions reupholstered due to spraying and scratching. So, we do try to 'qualify' them a bit before allowing them. We ask about the furniture because we do not allow dogs on the furniture. In my experience, the majority of cats are allowed on every piece of furniture and cat hair is just more cumbersome to remove from fabric upholstery. We really aren't trying to be misleading when we say "pets" are allowed, we just try to qualify them a bit before making cat exceptions. Also, we've had birds, bunnies, horses and even gerbils on the property so we still use the phrase "pets" are allowed instead of just dogs. I'd be happy to discuss the option of you and your cats staying with us if you'd like to give us another try. Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

We stayed here as part of a family reunion that my wife and I organized. There were 46 people in all. We rented the Hogan and 7other cabins. The Hogan served as the HQ and place where we had our group dinners and activities. The property and cabins are perfect for this kind of event!! Everyone loved it. The owner, Mary, was extremely helpful and accommodating with all of the planning we had to do in the year leading up to the reunion.

Room tip: Various sizes of cabins, something for everyone
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Baron S

Yay! I'm so glad! Thank you and hopefully we'll see you all again in the coming years!

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

The overall property is very nice. Many little cabins. We stayed on loft 17 in the main house. Beware if it is hot the suite is very hard to cool off. We were very uncomfortably hot even with one window AC in main living area.
Also lots of rules which is ok with me but may not be your thing.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your nice compliments. We are very fortunate in Flagstaff in the summer months that the evening temperatures usually cool everything off quite nicely. That being said, Loft 17 is on the second floor which doesn't always lend to complete "cooling off." We will look at adding another window unit in Loft 17. Thanks again!