“Basic but brilliant”

Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Our party of 4 loved the Arizona Mountain Inn. It was so much better than staying in motel rooms.

We had cabin 13. All of the cabins are located in woods.

The decor was fairly old and a little scruffy but we had come prepared for this and so it wasn't a shock. We loved having a living room so that we could sit and socialise together. Unfortunately we had 2 nights of rain so couldn't use the bbq.

One of our party is morbidly afraid of spiders so contacted the hotel before our visit to ask if they could do anything about it. They responded promptly and politely saying they would go around specially to get rid of any spiders. I only saw one in 3 days.

The inn is well located and is only a $10 ride from downtown Flagstaff. I recommend a visit to Altitudes bar for their specials and a tasty pint of Fat Tire.

There is a decent Safeway on the route into town for food and supplies.

Don't come here if you want luxery and a really clean hotel but do come here if you want something with character and to socialise.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2009

This was just what I was looking for, a cabin in the woods for my family of 4 driving from Sedona up to the Grand Canyon. We stayed in Cabin 8 2 nights with a view of the San Francisco peaks. PLENTY of Hot Water for all 4 of us to take showers. The Wood fireplace will really heat the place up so take it easy on it. I liked the Grill on the deck and we had some BBQ pork chops one night. The nice folks let us take the "take out" bible back to the cabin to get some food delivered. It's close to oak creek canyon (89A) and I-40 to take you out to Sunset Crater and walnut canyon. Sunset Crater and the drive through the painted desert to Wupatki was amazing! Do it if you’re in flag for the day. Walnut Canyon with a 6 yr old was more terrifying than the edges of the Grand Canyon!

My kids loved the "room" in the loft and thought this was the best place we stayed in AZ.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank FLtoAZtraveler
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My wife and I almost never give places we stay at poor ratings, but this one couldn't go unnoticed. If I am honest with my self, and ignore our obvious "I hate this place moments" (which we had more than once), the only plus to the Arizona Mountain Inn was the location, which was tucked away in the thick green of beautiful Flagstaff AZ. Other than that this stay was a Nightmare. I will briefly run through the list.
1. The owner (the guy) was a scum bag, I caught him looking at my wife with a creepy glare a few times, and not at her eye's.
2. The cabin was disgusting, we wore socks around the cabin for fear of touching the ground with our feet.
3. Our first cabin REAKED of vomit, but thanks to the ever so hospitable owners, they moved us after we dragged them both into our Cabin to smell it.
4. Both cabins that we saw had WAY to many spiders. (Obviously I would expect to see one or two, but this was more like 14 or 15!)
5. The single most uncomfortable mattress I have ever been on in my life, my back is still in pain.
The list goes on, all in all I would NEVER recommend this place to any one, you are better off staying at ANY other hotel in Flag, if you want the whole out in the wilderness feel, pitch a tent and sleep on the ground, you will get a better nights sleep.
I guess I have one more nice thing to say about this place, the sugar muffins are tasty.

Reviewed September 13, 2008

Great if you like "away from it all". Wake up under the trees, in your own log cabin. We were 4 in cabin 14, which has a separate bedroom downstairs, two sleeping areas upstairs with 3 queen beds, and two bathrooms. The kitchen seats 8 and has a fridge and microwave. Its not expensive compared with 2 double rooms in a hotel, it was clean, and had enough plates, glasses (plastic), cutlery and mugs etc for 8. Don't expect a TV. But there is a barbecue outside. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed it, though we only had food in once and frankly, shopping for food at Walmart is an experience for Europeans. Definitely recommend the Mountain Inn (but not the Walmart!!). If you arrive by taxi at night you need to get them to take you to your cabins, its dark at night.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank vesuve99
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We stayed in Room 21 which was okay for one night. The bed is a king, and the mattress, which is on the soft side, needs turning or replacing. It has two depressions on either side of a middle ridge, the impressions of many bodies that have slept there. There is no place to put an open suitcase except on the floor.

This room has a jetted tub in its bathroom. The jets are very noisy, and the water heater has insufficient capacity for the tub. I followed the desk clerk's directions on filling and got a tub of barely warm water.

The breakfast was tasty (fruit, muffins, boiled egg). Being on the outskirts of town, the property is very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite 21. It was very lovely, we were so relaxed, away from all the noise and the city, the weather was perfect about 50 degrees at night, we slept with the window slightly opened and burned a log on the fire place. The staff was really friendly and provided excellent customer service, also helped me with directions around the city and great places to eat. the place smelled like fresh burning scented candles, I loved the bed how comfy it was and the bath tub jacuzze style. I do recommend this place for all the love birds who want a romantic getaway, and will definitely return again....

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AMollinedo
Reviewed May 6, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in Suite 21. It was wonderful! The staff was very friendly and helpful. This was our first time in a bed and breakfast, but we felt like we were the only ones there. We will definitely go back again!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)