“Cozy cabin”

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Texas
“Cozy cabin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during our spring break as it was close to the Grand Canyon. Cabin #12 was a good choice first because it was a renovated cabin and it was away from other cabins. This cabin has a good amount of space to walk into the trails nearby. The staff was very friendly and the Cabin was clean as well. The kitchenette had everything you need to prepare a small meal if needed. There is also a BBQ pit available outside if one wishes to grill if weather permits. The wall heater and wood burning stove did make the Cabin warm during the evening hours. The CABIN was clean and there were enough towels for our stay as well. It was great to have WiFi services, but the drawback was not having a television and DVD player. It was mentioned before we booked so just a suggestion for a better stay in your cabins. It would have been nice to relax in the living area with a movie and a cozy fire. Overall, I would definitely return to this inn and stay again with family.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank flosoya
Mary B, Owner at Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in Cabin 12 during Spring Break! I'm sorry you were disappointed in the lack of TV. It is by design that we don't have them. We feel by not having TV's it encourages folks to spend good quality time together. However, we recently installed free WiFi for those folks who would like to watch a movie. Also many guests have portable DVD players they bring along. Thanks again for the nice comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in cabin 15 with my wife and two other friends for one night. I honestly feel the cabins are overpriced for what you get. The cabins are way out dated. We didn’t get a feel of being in a cabin once inside. The cabin had a dirty feel to it; the beds are begging to be replaced. I’m only 32 and I woke up with my back hurting along with everyone else. The beds in cabin 15 are bad unfortunately the couch is more comfortable then the bed. For 250 dollars do yourself a favor and skip cabin 15, I personally won’t go back because I assume the other cabins will be the same.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank darrell60950
Mary B, Owner at Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I would like to address your concerns. Firstly, I'm terribly sorry you had a negative experience with our beds. They are replaced on a regular basis. All guests have a different bed preference, i.e. hard, soft, etc. We purchase the middle of the line in terms of firmness in hopes to meet everyone's needs. Although I understand it was your own personal experience, I've not had any other guests have negative experiences with the beds in Cabin 15. Next, I am somewhat perplexed regarding the 'outdated' comment. Cabin 15 has been newly remodeled with pine tongue and groove throughout, new light fixtures, new kitchen counter and cabinets. All of the appliances are less than 2 years old. The carpet was replaced within the last year. As far as Cabin 15 not feeling like a cabin on the inside, it is half of a duplex and rather large. Some of the smaller a-frame cabins may be more appealing to you in terms of a cabin-like feel, although I think the logs throughout the cabin and the pine tongue and groove have a definite cabin connotation. I imagine every guest views each cabin differently with their own points of view. It's difficult for me to address your 'dirty feel' comment since we thoroughly clean each cabin and then double check it prior to a guest checking in. Lastly as far as being overpriced, Cabin 15 is a 6-8 person cabin that starts at the 6 person rate which is the $220 rate (+ tax) you paid. This is approx. $36 per person. This per person rate is comparable if not less than many accommodations in Flagstaff. The cabin is fully-furnished with 2 bathrooms, a full living room, dining room, kitchen, wood-burning stove and deck not to mention being located on 13 acres of beautiful Ponderosa pines. We even have free WiFi. I think you will find standard hotel rooms for the same price without nearly the amenities and environment. Again, everyone has their own opinions and viewpoints. In summary as the owner, you can imagine my concern regarding your negative experience. I will say that over 50% of our guests are repeat guests which indicates to me that most folks are pleased with their cabin experience. I'm sorry you are not currently one of these guests, but hope you will give us another try in the future to perhaps change your opinion.

Respectfully,
Mary Bostwick
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family comes here every year. You bring your own food or eat out in Flagstaff, which is really close by. The woodburning fireplaces are really wonderful and warm, and the cabins are cozy and charming. We go sledding in nearby areas when the snow is good, and one year when it wasn't we went to Meteor Crater. There's an old playground in the middle and snow play areas nearby. We've always had a good time coming up.

Room Tip: Choose a layout that works best for your family.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We spent a snowy, freezing evening at Arizona Mountain Inn in one of the small cabins--it was an A-frame loft with woodburning stove. It was very quiet and the grounds beautiful though cabin left a bit to be desired given the nightly rate. It was clean though and had a kitchen and full bath. Service was good--my husband left a wireless modem in the cabin and staff mailed it back. Great location for families--kids in nearby cabins were sledding and having a great time in the snow. We were surprised to find cabins so near Flagstaff. There was also a building with regular rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie-in-Austin
Mary B, Owner at Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the property. May I ask what you thought was lacking in your cabin? Your feedback is much appreciated. You are welcome to email me directly if you'd like at arizonamountaininn@msn.com. Thank you!

Mary Bostwick - Owner
Ratingen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

In Sept. 2012 it was our second time there. We stayed in cabin no. 8 (first time in no. 6); it was big enough for my husband and me and you can also stay with 1 or 2 kids. The area is quiet and only a short way to shops and restaurants in the city. We loved to sit on the porch with a good view to the mountains or sit in front of the inside fireplace. We will come again every time.

Room Tip: we´ve been in Cabin 6 and 8 and both were o.k.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
chandler
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in cabin 8 for two nights while we were hiking around Flagstaff. The location is close to town, but once you are on the property there is a lot of privacy. We had a view of Mt Humphreys from the porch. It had snowed on the mountain the night before so it was quite beautiful. The kitchenette was a bit too small for comfort, but workable. Our 7 year old son loved having his own space in the loft. The location is close to lots of hiking but nice enough to just hang out too, there is even a nice play gound for the kiddos. It was a great getaway from the Phoenix area. Nice and chilly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked suite 21 for 2 nights during our honeymoon. We were very impressed with Arizona mountain inn as a whole. Our suite was perfect, a large room with a gorgeous and comfortable four poster bed. In the bathroom was the best bath I have ever used. It was huge, raised and had jets. I like a hot bath and managed a deep and very hot one in this tub. The breakfast was nice with fresh fruit, toast, hard boiled eggs, a selection of hot and cold cereals, tea, coffee and juice. It was served in a homely kitchen by friendly staff. The location is stunning, in the woods, but close enough to town that you don't feel isolated or cut off. We had free wifi which was handy. The owners were great, talking to my husband about football and generally making us feel welcome and at home. Loved it and hope to visit again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012