“The Aspen Inn excels once again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Aspen Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 12 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Phoenix, AZ
“The Aspen Inn excels once again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

This has been the third time that I have stayed at Flagstaff's premier Bed and Breakfast, the Aspen Inn. As always, my partner and I were treated with the warm and friendly face of Rachel, the owner. She was, as always, the perfect inn keeper; friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. She offered us an upgrade, so we had a chance to stay in the lovely Peach Room. This is one of two rooms upstairs. The room was cozy and inviting, especially after a day walking the Grand Canyon (about two hours north of Flagstaff). The room was clean, spacious and equipped with a small refrigerator, 32 inch color TV set, plenty of storage space for your clothing and belongings and, the best part? The Peach Room has its own spacious bathroom. The bathroom includes towels, two terry cloth bathrobes and a hairdryer.

The location of the Aspen Inn is perfect! It is walking distance of historic downtown Flagstaff. There is NO TRAIN NOISE AT ALL. This was a concern in the past, but as Rachel informed me, the city of Flagstaff has placed some sort of city ordinance that dictates that the train has to pass through town quietly. So, there is no concern about train noise when staying in downtown. This is great news for those of us who love the Aspen Inn. The inn itself is situated on a quiet residential street, and that gives you the feeling of being one of the lucky few to live in this great northern Arizona city.

The breakfast that Rachel prepares is amazing! She puts on quite the spread; continental meets hot and delicious. I learned on my first two visits that Rachel takes request. Be sure to request her delicious Spanish Omelet (Tortilla a la Espanola. Better than mom's! sorry mom! but you agreed with me!) which is a delectable fluffy omelet, filled with cheese and potatoes, and Rachel's own cream sauce. She had hot coffee ready for us, freshly squeezed orange juice and a wonderful spread of fruits, cereals, and coffee cake.

When in Flagstaff, do stay at the Aspen Inn. You'll enjoy your visit and feel like you are staying at Rachel's home and not some stale and commercialized hotel. The Aspen Inn: THE bed and breakfast in Flagstaff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JayJay79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buckeye, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

This was actually a surprise from my boyfriend for my birthday, and it certainly delivered! Raquel was wonderful and made the most amazing breakfast in the world. Everything was perfect: the bed was comfortable, the room (and entire house) for that matter was quiet and the decor was tasteful and relaxing. It was also close to the downtown area and Raquel has maps available that make it very easy to get around. Both myself and my boyfriend have already agreed that this is where we are staying whenever we go to Flagstaff!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eg2002
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

We had a wonderful time at the Aspen Inn Bed and Breakfast. Raquel,the owner, was very kind and gracious to my husband and I. The room was was very comfortable, clean, and peaceful. We enjoyed our visit and would definately stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iwillwin
phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

Staying at the Aspen Inn is like visiting dear friends who know enough to let you have your space. I've stayed there four or five times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortably appointed, without clutter or overly "girly" touches. The beds are roomy and comfortable. The towels in the bathrooms are soft and thick, the amenities are nice, and the robes are fabulous--warm and cozy without being heavy.

I can't imagine a better host than Joe. He greets his guests with a wide-open smile and acts as though you are the most important thing in his life at that moment. His knowledge of Flagstaff--and all of northern AZ, for that matter--is encyclopedic. He is a walking guide book, able to make informed recommendations no matter what your preferences. For me, what truly sets Joe apart from other hoteliers and innkeepers is his willingness to work with special diets. When booking a B&B, I always make sure I ask the owners if they can accommodate my celiac disease. I can't have wheat, rye, or barley, and shopping and cooking for me can be a royal pain. Before my husband and I came for our second visit, Joe bought some gluten-free bread and experimented with various recipes until he came up with a celiac-friendly version of one of his breakfast standards that actually tasted good. If you have celiac disease, you know that most of the gluten-free bread is less than charming. It's heavy, it's crumbly, and most of it tastes lousy. Joe won a very special place in my heart for putting himself through that just so I could have the same breakfast as the rest of his guests.

Joe makes certain that his Aspen Inn reflects his commitment to emphasize the "hospitality" end of the hospitality business.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank momsroo
randalsr24
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

Joe & Raquel were very welcoming and accommodating. The on-street parking took some getting use to, but other than that we had a very nice time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank randalsr24
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

This was a nice Bed and Breakfast. Nothing spectacular but clean and friendly. The room with the washer dryer is a good bonus. Breakfasts were freshly cooked and varied, and nice dining area. Parking is on the road outside, or on the drive for a limited few cars. Never had a problem with parking.

What we hated was the train whistles which seemed to go on throughout the night and kept us awake. Very loud and would stop us visiting again.

What we liked about the b and b was the closeness to the town centre. The small town is lovely and had some nice shops and eateries. However, when we wanted to drive into town as we have back problems, parking was a real issue, very difficult to find a space at all.

Would recommend b and b for its locality, cleanliness, friendliness and pricing.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rodocanachi
East Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

We had a very nice stay and enjoyed the area. The location is very close to the downtown area, so that is a plus. It's really a university town (i.e. left bank-ish) with the expected atmosphere. Be prepared for the train whistles; they never stop. Ron

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple