“A Gem in Flagstaff - What a B&B should be!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Aspen Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2007

What a wonderful place to stay!!! The Aspen Inn is a beautiful property that must be seen in person to get the full picture. Joe the Innkeeper is top notch. Immaculate grounds as well as a comfortable and fresh interior makes for a warm and inviting stay.
A place for young and old alike. Joe's recommendations for restaurants was fabulous. We are definitely going back. Accommodations are spacious for a historic bed & breakfast. The breakfast was very tasty and health conscience.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank BryceFamily

Reviewed May 6, 2007

excellent conception of hospitality: breakfasts haute cuisine, all together, exchanging experiences from our trips all over US! Clean rooms with european influences deco. All that and dont forget: Flagstaff is an excellent base for sight seeing! Thanks Joe.
Ioannis Katerelos & Katerina Dimitriou (Athens, Greece)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank iokat
Reviewed April 4, 2007

Joe and Raquel Sanchez run this nearly 100 year old 2-story B&B. The house is tastefully styled and has a number of rooms for guests with a common dining area. Each room has its own theme and own television with some rooms en suite. Even better, the house is internet ready. But the absolute best thing about this B&B are the people who run it. Joe and Raquel love their guests, want their guests to have a wonderful time and go out of their way to make sure this happens. As an example, my husband and I took our friends from the Netherlands here. It was late afternoon with a sudden unexpected snowstorm. My Dutch friend was shaking and coughing upon arrival and clearly ill. Raquel not only directed us to a community clinic for Trudy but guided us there herself. She waited up for our arrival back home and made sure that Trudy was comfortable in her room. We were absolute strangers to Raquel who went out of her way for us. And Joe, whom we met later, was just as warm, caring and wanting to make certain we had a good time in Flagstaff. He was filled with suggestions for us about where to go and what to see. (And I won't even go into the breakfasts that you could die for).

We had originally wanted to go to very pricey Sedona. We ended up here at the Aspen Inn and will be delighted to return.

We came as strangers and left feeling cared for by friends.

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank Calizen
Reviewed March 29, 2007

I have been visiting Aspen Inn for a number of years and love it more with each visit. I lead adventure travel tours and there's nothing better than a comfortable room, wonderful hospitality, and delicious breakfast after several days on the road. Innkeepers Joe and Raquel are gracious hosts and the food is a real treat! I have rented all 4 rooms for several group stays and have received great feedback from my clients. Joe makes each person feel like his most important and pampered guest.... something my clients really appreciate. We have used Aspen Inn for several family stays as well. Our kids enjoyed the extra attention provided at a B&B over the typical chain hotel. The location is very convenient... a short walk to town and local restaurants and shopping. I recommend Aspen Inn for your individual, couple or family travel plans. Several of my clients have made return trips with their spouses or friends and have had nothing but praise for their stay.

2  Thank GCHikerMilwaukee
Reviewed February 4, 2007

My two girlfriends and I stayed at the Aspen Inn last weekend. We were looking for a place that was near the historic downtown so we could walk everywhere without driving. I found a few places that were near downtown, but when reading their reviews I hesitated in booking them because of cleanliness issues and what I read about the noise of the trains that run through town constantly. Then I found the Aspen Inn and the reviews were great here on TripAdvisor, and they were the only B & B that I could find that had rooms under $150/200. I booked the Wyatt room for us (large bed and twin in alcove room), and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We came into town quite earlier than the 4:00pm check in time, and Joe was kind enough to meet us there a few hours before that to show us around the house and give us our keys. There is a very large common living room and dining room, and the guest rooms. We had a private bath wtih the Wyatt room (Wyatt Earpe's cousin built the house in 1912 (?) I believe). He gave some advice on places to eat and things to do also, and was extremely friendly and welcoming. We scheduled our breakfast for 9:00am for the next morning, and he cooked us up a very filling and delicious breakfast, even per my vegetarian request. He and his wife Raquel made us homemade Spanish tortillas, cantelope, coffee, juice, poundcake, and pleasant conversation. We all were extremely impressed with how cute the place was, its cleanliness, how extremely warm Joe and Raquel were, and also the price for what we got. I am an extremely light sleeper, and i never heard one train through the night. The next morning I heard very faint train whistles, but nothing loud or distracting at all I felt (the train was further away than what I expected). I would definitely stay here again with friends, and I will bring my husband back here to stay our next trip up to Flag from Phoenix.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank narihood
Reviewed July 27, 2006

This is a very pleasant B&B. A large home, with comfortable, well-appointed rooms. Joe takes great pride in his breakfasts, whch are delicious, if a little unusual.

It is a short walk into the centre of Flagstaff.

All-in-all, good value for money. We would stay again.

A word of warning: no matter where you are in Flagstaff, the Amtrak trains blare their horns all through the night as they go through the multiple crossings in the town. If you are likely to be kept awake, bring ear plugs, or ask Joe for some before you retire for the night.

My wife and daughter slept through the trains, but I didn't.

If a peaceful nights sleep is really important to you, I would recommend staying in Sedona, which is close to Flagstaff, and a very picturesque spot as well.

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank SpacemanNZ
A TripAdvisor Member
Alameda, Ca.
Reviewed May 26, 2006

This is a wonderful B&B in Flagstaff. The Wilson Room we had was spacious, had a washer and dryer, and was very comfortable (there are no other rooms above or below you and you are only attached to the rest of the B&B via the main kitchen area). The hosts were extremely charming, helpful, and couldn't have been nicer. The breakfasts were great also. The trains were loud but you can hear them all over Flagstaff There is nothing that you can do except bring ear plugs. The host said that Flagstaff will soon be going to a "silent" mode of train whistles, whereby the whistles will be directed at each other rather than directed at the entire town. What a concept! Anyway, I think you will be happy if you stay here; we sure were.

• Stayed: May 2006