“RUDE”

Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Oregon
“RUDE”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed for two nights and for being an older hotel we thought that the atmosphere and the rooms were pretty cool. The staff was extremely rude! So disrespectful, they ignored us, wouldnt look at us when we spoke with them, they were not helpful at all and the front desk girl (savanna) made very snarky comments toward us as we walked away front the dest.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Msnreview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My fiancé and I thought a one night getaway would be relaxing. The lobby is beautiful the staff is very friendly. The hotel rooms are horrible. There is a sink in the room very very dark. The shower and toilet is so tiny you can barely stand up. Spend the extra 20 bucks and stay somewhere else. The absolute worst thing is you have to leave the windows open because there is no air conditioning and all the teenagers party on the street in front of the hotel very loud and you cannot sleep.The partying went on till 3-4 in the morning. Where is the police in this town?

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matera A

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've stayed in numerous historic, character, haunted and local flavor hotels. This one is low on the list in terms of quality and value. Nothing worse than waking up at 12:30 to the sounds of the couple in the next room making each other very happy and the TV in the room on the other side playing the national anthem as the station goes off the air. It is a downtown hotel -- you may or may not get free parking. You may or may not get free wifi. You may or may not have an en suite bathroom. You may or may not get a ghost. You will get the local noise and local flavor.

I am making the best of this stay and trying to get to know my new hometown from the ground level. Since there are no refunds, I will stick it out. But I'm sure glad my family isn't trying to enjoy this experience with me.

Room Tip: Be sure you are getting an en suite bathroom if that's important to you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank riskprof
Liberty Lake, Wa
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. It is an old hotel and the lobby has lots of charm but that is about all. For $100 our room on the second floor was way overpriced. It was the size of a large closet and even had the small sink in the room as there was no room for it in the bathroom. The walls are super thin and the group next to us decided to party until 3:30 in the morning. There was even an envelope left in the room from the housekeeping for a tip. I would never think of staying here again. The pictures on their web site look nothing like the room we had. The only good thing is the location of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank norsun
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am a hotel General Manager. I have never experienced the lack of service that I was confronted with at this Hotel anywhere else in my professional or personal travels. It is a shame, quite honestly, because the property itself is well-maintained. The room was clean, the bathroom was fine, it was nice to have the lounge in the Hotel, but I have never felt so unwelcome by a staff. Ownership should must be made aware of this. I believe, as it exists, that the staff will be your downfall.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor (They DO have an elevator) on the west side of the building are the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank AZTravels5215
scotland
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were not impressed with this Hotel or staff, very impersonal, very little people skills and certainly no value, we had just travelled from Orlando and previous to this hotel were able to gauge this establishment on the previous five hotels, motel and this did not even rate with the lowest priced motel..

The beds were uncomfortable, rooms were tired but clean, the wifi was third world and when it was brought to staffs attention they would just brush it off and make feeble student excuses thinking that everyone they speak to has not travelled or been around the block, sad really for young budding potential proffessionals gap filling to make ends meet but unable to converse or hold a one minute conversation on a customer relations level.
Through the night students partying in the hallways ,laughing like a pack of hyenas with no consideration that it is a hotel and other people reside there. No value , no breakfast, no bottled water and NO WIFI and certainly no common decency and courtesy to your fellow guests.
I would only recommend, stay well clear , if you want to experience ghosts ,bed down in a cemetery for the night.

Room Tip: I cant imagine any room being suitable, avoid.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank 333222
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very cool place. Old and charming. We stayed in room 404, which happened to be Spencer Tracy’s room. Comfy and cozy – my only complaint was replacing the keys each day because the magnetic strip was off. After an all day adventure, the last thing you want to do is talk to another human being when you are tired, look absolutely disgusting, and most often smell even worse. Also, it’s pretty awesome that the Monte Vista is practically on historic Route 66. I was there on a holiday weekend and I get why people say parking is tough, but it wasn't all the bad in the end. You can park in the 2 hour only spots over the weekend, so each day I was right in front of the hotel. Also, people complain about the noise - I did hear noise, but not enough to really disturb me. Overall, great time!

Room Tip: Higher up the better
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends